Any good reason why Sebring hates motorcycles?

GOOG

Hello all!

New here.

Live near Summit Point, WV, hoping to have my first two wheeled track day this spring. Possibly moving to FL soon and noticed Sebring International has absolutely no love for two wheels. I can't find any information as to why that is except for a quick mention on one site that they basically hate motorcycles. Just curious if anybody has anymore info on this and if there's anything in the works to persuade them otherwise.

Thanks

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! No idea about Sebring, don't know anything about it. In FL, check out Jennings - it's motorcycle only. Also, N2 runs at Homestead.

See ya at Summit!

Yamaha851

Don't know the actual answer, but I raced a car there a few years ago. Track surface is super bumpy. I would be afraid of my bike chattering out from under me if my suspension setup was anything less than perfect.

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
Not sure I would want to run that track on a bike.....Look at how close all the walls are :eek:
Few spots you apex on a wall.....eek

rschiela

I'm not sure how a bike would safely ride on the concrete slab sections, at least. They have to raise the suspension on the prototype cars when they are there because of the bumps, and there have been calls for years that prototypes shouldn't run there.