Any MARRC riders/members out there?

physicistkev

Control Rider
Looking to do the MARRC day on Aug 22, possibly race school. Wondering if anyone has experience? I am looking to see what challenges I will have since I have to start in Intermediate. Rules are rules, and I'm OK with that, but should I look for a bump asap or is the pace pretty good? Any input is appreciated.

buzz-06

MARRC runs 3 groups, beginner, intermediate and racer. No current race license, no ride in racer group. I've ridden with them before each summit round and have no complaints. The first round I rode in intermediate and the pace was good for my pace at the time, somewhere in the mid. To upper 20's but not much traffic so lots of open track.

DC-MOTO

I've been riding with MARRC for the past 7 years. They run 3 groups like buzz mentioned above. The pace in I group is good but if you are running in the low 20's at summit and have a race license you can register in the Advance group (Racers group). I would HIGHLY recommend the race school with MARRC as they have very good instructors! Talk with Rick Beggs at RnR cycles for more info!

physicistkev

Control Rider
Thanks for the responses.

Geoff, I noticed in most of the videos, from this year, that there weren't that many bikes on track. It was deceiving since the I group tended to bunch up at times, but overall it seemed that there was plenty of open track. As far as times go, I start with something around a 25 to 27 for the first lap or 2 to get mentally in the game and then drop into the 20 to 22 range.

DC, I've known Rick for years. Ever since he leased the corner of the Muffler shop in Chantilly (probably 92). I talked to him and since I don't have a race license and I have never ridden with Rick I am not going to push to start in the A group, rules should be followed, but I think I will be asking to bump early in the morning. If I can demonstrate to the MARRC guys and gals that I can ride in A (racer), then I hope they let me. I want to understand if getting a bump early is possible?

However it plays out, it may be fun to play in I for a day? Work on traffic management and such, but I have gotten used to riding in A with NESBA/PRE/N2 for the past 7 years so I am concerned about remembering the passing rules and riding with people that are not as comfortable on the track as the ones I have been riding with. Over analyzing as usual, but its my psychosis and I like it.

NOVARC51RACER

Thanks for the responses.

Geoff, I noticed in most of the videos, from this year, that there weren't that many bikes on track. It was deceiving since the I group tended to bunch up at times, but overall it seemed that there was plenty of open track. As far as times go, I start with something around a 25 to 27 for the first lap or 2 to get mentally in the game and then drop into the 20 to 22 range.

DC, I've known Rick for years. Ever since he leased the corner of the Muffler shop in Chantilly (probably 92). I talked to him and since I don't have a race license and I have never ridden with Rick I am not going to push to start in the A group, rules should be followed, but I think I will be asking to bump early in the morning. If I can demonstrate to the MARRC guys and gals that I can ride in A (racer), then I hope they let me. I want to understand if getting a bump early is possible?

However it plays out, it may be fun to play in I for a day? Work on traffic management and such, but I have gotten used to riding in A with NESBA/PRE/N2 for the past 7 years so I am concerned about remembering the passing rules and riding with people that are not as comfortable on the track as the ones I have been riding with. Over analyzing as usual, but its my psychosis and I like it.

I doubt they will give you an early bump until after lunch. Sign up for the MARRC track day in I group and when you go through tech look for Rick and talk to him. Tell him that you want to get bumped up to Racers group and ask him or other control riders to follow you around for the first two sessions.

physicistkev

Control Rider
Thanks for the feedback guys and gals, but it's all for naught. I have to have surgery on my wrist the week of the 18th, so my season is done. Hopefully, I have a season next year and if I do, I think I may do the race school and see how that plays out.

Thanks,

Kevin