Any SV650 Riders Here?

Kawi636Rider

Hello, any SV650 riders here? I'm thinking bout picking up a 2006 Suzuki SV650 and using it as an occasional track bike. If you are riding one or know someone who is how is the bike working out?

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated!

ridelater

have two, its the best thing i ever bought I'm always on it at njmp. side note the lightweight racing on these bike are awesome!

Kawi636Rider

Thanks guys, just wondering I guess. Ridelater......what bodywork are you running on your SV? Is that GSXR or SV specific bodywork?

BlueMax

One has R6 body work on it. Trips people out seeing R6 but hearing a twin. Other SV is sporting gsxr fiberglass. Brand unknown.
Forgot to add I ride with the Brew Crew. One of Ridelater (Pat) SV is in my garage right now, the one with the gsxr fiberglass.

Kawi636Rider

Thanks for the replies. I previously had more track time on a 92 FZR 600, I was always leary of getting my 636 out there because it was so new at the time.

I was thinking the same thing jtsgsxr6, I thought I could learn a little more and be more comfortable on something with a little less power.

I'm really starting to lean towards the SV that I just happened to stumble upon.

vice

I have optimal racing body work. Actually fits pretty well. Crashed it twice still holds up great.

The previous owner had sharkskinz these actually look a little better.

vice

IMG_20130407_120824_zps91a1352b.jpg

ett

ridelater;278017 wrote: have two, its the best thing i ever bought I'm always on it at njmp. side note the lightweight racing on these bike are awesome!
+1000

eaglebike600;278018 wrote:
Hit up ett here ,I think that's what he rides and he is pretty fast and smooth!
Yes I do ride an SV. Specifically a 2004 SV650s.

Kawi636Rider,

You can't go wrong with an SV650.
If you want to learn HOW to ride; get a lightweight, low horsepower bike.
An SV650 fits that bill perfectly.
Their low horsepower will teach you how to use a bike's momentum; as opposed to simply twisting a throttle;
, their light weight will teach you about smooth inputs and cornering speed, they are inexpensive to run, and they are fun fun fun ! :D

moman

My friend Jody is running a 2001 SV650 with over 85K miles on her. He's having a ball. You can't miss him, he has an all white one piece leather suit!

ridelater

Also like someone just said they can be inexpensive. I will go though two sets of tires a year as compared to a set every 3 TD on the 600. After a season we still haven't changed the brake pads either. Though parts are getting harder to find to keep them racing.

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
I have an 05 and love it! I outfitted mine in a fiberglass race body for a duc 996. Looks awesome when you hear the vtwin go by.

mike574

Get it they are so much fun on the track. every time I see anyone get off one for the first time they have a huge smile on their face. Also fun to beat up on bigger bikes with it too.

The White Turd (99 SV 650) 03 GSXR 750 front / 08 GSXR tail

Yellow Bullet (02 SV650) 08 R6 front / 09 GSXR 1000 tail

Proof that even at 6.3 250lb you can stilll fit on one

bfolkerts

moman;278108 wrote: My friend Jody is running a 2001 SV650 with over 85K miles on her. He's having a ball. You can't miss him, he has an all white one piece leather suit!
Is your friend the Stig?

I just picked up an '05 SV 650. Light SS build on the motor w/ slipper clutch. Put my 06 GSXR front end on it, R6 calipers / MC. 180 rear kit.

Very excited to take it to the track this weekend!

Kawi636Rider

Looks great Brew Crew!!! If all goes well I just might be able to pick up the 06 SV650 on Friday. I'm hoping things come together. By the way, the bodywork that I mentioned on the first page is from BB Plastics in the UK. Their website is www.bbplastics.co.uk. Its unfortunate they are across the pond as they say. Their bodywork looks great and is reasonably priced, I'm sure shipping would be a killer.