anybody use this?

Meat

nickmick;66159 wrote: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.html

seems....interesting, anyway.
Ok, I could not wade through all the fluff to make it to any info on what the system is. So, I am guessing these little magic beads either go to the lightest section of the tire and just hang out or they will sit in the heaviest portion and make your unbalanced wheel even more unbalanced.

Don't know anything about the system but logically it can not work because I do not see how the little balls can move away from the heaviest part of the tire.......unless there are so many of them as they perfectly coat the inside surface (opposite the tread) and have very little affect on the balance.

Motomoon

We change tires to much to make it effective for what we do. Its better for higher mileage applications.

clandestiny

Found this in the FAQ...

Can I use Dyna Beads in my motorcycle?

You bet, and you'll get a glass smooth ride! Whether you have a Harley, Honda or a Tank scooter move up to the super-smooth, weightless ride of Dyna Beads! See the Motorcycle Page here.

Can I use Dyna Beads for motorcycle road racing?

No. The inner liner compound of motorcycle road racing tires is too soft to allow Dyna Beads to perform properly. (this does not apply to off-road motorcycle racing)

nickmick

ah, didn't see that

case closed.

i just saw the the thing about someone using it on a salt flat run

seems like an interesting way to balance a tire.

krw

Did you see this? http://www.innovativebalancing.com/HowItWorks.htm

Looks like magic to me. But I know it works at least on big offroad tires. 35" up tires are difficult to balance. And if you do get them balanced, tire chunking and tearing the weights off on rocks quickly ruins the balance, so a lot of guys in my offroad club were running shot in their tires for a similar effect. It did seem to create some interesting tire shake till the beads worked themselves out...