ASBK anyone?

Laszlo

Does anyone watch this series?

I just came across it and don’t know any of the riders. Seems interesting (and for me SBK series are better to watch then GP).

There are only about seven to eight ASBK races in the season, IIRC. Kinda difficult to build momentum.

BSB, MotoAmerica, WorldSBK and MotoGP are where it’s at for me. That much said, the pageantry and manufactured drama of MotoGP’s premier class have started to wear on me. I usually skip forward to the starting grid for the premier class but I’ll listen to the pre-race commentary for Moto2 and the other series.

Laszlo

BSB, MotoAmerica, WorldSBK and MotoGP are where it’s at for me. That much said, the pageantry and manufactured drama of MotoGP’s premier class have started to wear on me. I usually skip forward to the starting grid for the premier class but I’ll listen to the pre-race commentary for Moto2 and the other series.
yeah re momentum; summer there so fun enough right now for me to watch. You put it well w/ MotoGP re pageantry. For me, it's all too much there. BSB, MotoAmerica and WorldSBK and Dakar, etc. are my jam until I start up again. That, and re-reading some books on the sport now that I'm rehabbing. I'm going to read some non-technique books too, like F. Spencer's book, etc.
Be well pal,
Laz

bmart

Control Rider
Does anyone watch this series?

I just came across it and don’t know any of the riders. Seems interesting (and for me SBK series are better to watch then GP).

There's a lot to follow if you hunt around. Asian series. Aus/NZ...looking forward to the Cemetery circuit, just like every year.

I agree, WSBK/WSS has it all over GP.

Laszlo

I've been on the Hungaroring before a few times in a car (and the kart track on a bike which was a hoot); not on the Balaton track. Curious how this will go.

…the Hungaroring is a 2.7-mile circuit, and is the track where the Formula1 Hungarian GP is held.

The partnership between Dorna and HUMDA has a well-defined roadmap. Their main objective is to secure a slot for Balaton Park Circuit on the 2024 WorldSBK calendar. On top of that, this circuit is being considered as a reserve venue for the upcoming 2024 MotoGP season.

The Hungaroring, known for its rich Formula 1 history, is slated to become the host of MotoGP events starting the 2025 season.

That all sounds like sunny skies ahead to me. The fact that the Hungaroring has already passed the F1 gauntlet of homologation and well-heeled race fans is promising.

Laszlo

Oh yea! I can handle only the highlight reels, but the skills are over the top.
Ditto, and yeah. I’m like, look how easy that looks over sand I would totally wipe out in…not to mention totally get lost in and just follow everyone’s tracks including the circles inevitably most go in as they figure out the route book…in a changing landscape.

bmart

Control Rider
Moooore racing, this one with 4 wheels but contributed to by Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and others. Apparently...we all can get along. Well, most of us. :)

bmart

Control Rider
This THIS!

13:19
- it's impossible to do a like-for-like comparison, but Razgatlioglu's 1'39.627s is quicker than any lap he did in Race 1 or Race 2 last year at Jerez when with Yamaha