ATP days

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Will they be adding ATP training days to the 2024 schedule?
We sure will. We had an impressive ATP season in 2023! We typically release the main schedule then add in the race schools, ATP dates, and any other special events.

@Axis

Novice and Intermediate are both welcome.

What group a rider belongs to matters very little to the coaches in comparison to the coaches’ desire to understand the rider wherever he/she is at in the journey and identifying what skills to focus on to help the individual rider learn and grow.

Way more important than one’s riding group is attending ATP with a bike you know and are confident operating at highway speeds.

The scenario that challenges rider and instructor alike is the brand new rider who springs for a late model liter bike with a TFT dash and the latest suite of highly adjustable rider aids. This student is likely to be distracted and/or nervous. Far better to be a rider ready to learn on a slow bike than an unnecessarily nervous rider on a fast but unusable bike.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Looking forward to having you join us!

Axis

@Axis

Novice and Intermediate are both welcome.

What group a rider belongs to matters very little to the coaches in comparison to the coaches’ desire to understand the rider wherever he/she is at in the journey and identifying what skills to focus on to help the individual rider learn and grow.

Way more important than one’s riding group is attending ATP with a bike you know and are confident operating at highway speeds.

The scenario that challenges rider and instructor alike is the brand new rider who springs for a late model liter bike with a TFT dash and the latest suite of highly adjustable rider aids. This student is likely to be distracted and/or nervous. Far better to be a rider ready to learn on a slow bike than an unnecessarily nervous rider on a fast but unusable bike.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Looking forward to having you join us!
Good stuff. I only started riding in summer of 2022 on small bike. Then attended champ school for my first experience on track. I believe I met you there. I have a small cc bike and have been working hard to improve my skills and plan to return to champ school soon. Looking for any opportunities to improve. I did message AJ and hope to hear back and set up a coaching day with him.

Appreciate your advice and feedback

Since you’ve already been to ChampSchool, I’d chase a private day with AJ. Make sure to review ChampU a few days in advance to be fresh on the subjects. The private day will provide you a concentrated feedback loop (lots of video analysis) without distractions. Get a good’s night rest so you‘re ready to give your day 100%.

If for some reason it’ll be a minute before you can get to a private day with AJ, link up with a CR after the rider’s meeting and tell them what your training plan is for the day. Then link up with them on the grid so they have positive ID. They’ll watch for what you want to work on but may observe and recommend something more important to work on. This is a good thing; trust the CRs’ observations.

At Homestead I told @tdelegram I was working on a more relaxed inside elbow but in following me he saw that I wasn’t being patient enough in T8 and I was sacrificing some drive on corner exit. So, this past Thursday at Roebling I thought about my inside elbow a few times but I was more focused on patience for corner exit and watching where I was allowing any slack to creep into my lap.

We have great CRs and I can’t wait to train with them on Sundays when I’m not helping out with ATP.

Axis

Since you’ve already been to ChampSchool, I’d chase a private day with AJ. Make sure to review ChampU a few days in advance to be fresh on the subjects. The private day will provide you a concentrated feedback loop (lots of video analysis) without distractions. Get a good’s night rest so you‘re ready to give your day 100%.

If for some reason it’ll be a minute before you can get to a private day with AJ, link up with a CR after the rider’s meeting and tell them what your training plan is for the day. Then link up with them on the grid so they have positive ID. They’ll watch for what you want to work on but may observe and recommend something more important to work on. This is a good thing; trust the CRs’ observations.

At Homestead I told @tdelegram I was working on a more relaxed inside elbow but in following me he saw that I wasn’t being patient enough in T8 and I was sacrificing some drive on corner exit. So, this past Thursday at Roebling I thought about my inside elbow a few times but I was more focused on patience for corner exit and watching where I was allowing any slack to creep into my lap.

We have great CRs and I can’t wait to train with them on Sundays when I’m not helping out with ATP.
Sounds great. Hoping to hear from AJ and set up some days. I looked over his website. Looks like a great opportunity to get coached by him. thanks for the great advice