ATP vs YCRS ATP: what's the diff?

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
Can someone explain the difference between these two ATP courses?

NCBIKE ATP on 9/16-9/17

NCBIKE YCRS / N2 TRAINING EVENT ATP (2-DAY) on 9/30-10/1

MK3Brent

Treebeard

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
We haven't sorted the details yet, but since the ATP/YCRS event will be limited to only ATP attendees we will have more freedom to do things like drills and more 'YCRS-like' stuff!

The Sept 16th event will be just a standard ATP day.

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
We haven't sorted the details yet, but since the ATP/YCRS event will be limited to only ATP attendees we will have more freedom to do things like drills and more 'YCRS-like' stuff!

The Sept 16th event will be just a standard ATP day.

Thanks. The The 9/30-10/1 is tempting.

The only lingering question I have is this: does it make sense for me to take a riding course at the near-end of my riding season? I may not ride again, and apply my learnings, until next Spring.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Thanks. The The 9/30-10/1 is tempting.

The only lingering question I have is this: does it make sense for me to take a riding course at the near-end of my riding season? I may not ride again, and apply my learnings, until next Spring.
To add to what The B Team said...the best time to start training is the next time you go out to ride. If we wait and keep riding, we will just be continuing to execute the same technique we always have been. By starting to make a change now, we can build new knowledge and have a plan for what to work on the next time we ride, even if that means it won't be until next season.