Bar ends for tech inspection?

p8ntballn2

Do i have to have bar ends to pass tech inspection for I group?? i just got a new track bike.. but i had to order new bar ends and weights and all the pieces.. i'm going to NJMP this sunday.. but not sure if i 'm gonna have them in time.. Please LMK if i have to have them in order to pass Tech Inspection.

liteitup

I dont remember that being mentioned in the manual so I dont think you have to. But someone will chime in that knows for sure.

NoBull

My left bar end keeps falling off so I've been riding without one for many trackdays now. It was never mentioned in tech.

Matt H

NESBA does not require them (WERA does, and that's where some people have the rule in their head from). But also be aware that you can fail tech if you have sharp edges or something dangerous.

p8ntballn2

Thanks Matt.. no sharp edges.. just wasn't sure if i needed them or not.. but i still have them on order.. so if i have them i have them.. if i dont.. i dont.. i can still ride.. thanks..

noobinacan

get em...just to be sure
plus they help in a low side...for what it matters and may save your levers to some extent.
if you have shorty levers.

p8ntballn2

i'm getting them.. they're on their way.. i ordered all the parts last week.. i just wasnt' sure if i was gonna have them before i goto the track or not.. that was my only concern.. i'll have them on there sooner or later..