Barber and tires

Alan #14

I know there are a lot of factors in tire wear but how abrasive is Barber on tires? Is it like Tally or RA? My rear tire is marginal on the left side from Tally but decent on the right. Just curious if I need to have a backup for two days at Barber. This will be my first time at Barber. TIA

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
You need a new tire. Barber is not that bad on tires, but it will work both sides. Get a new tire on there and save the used one for a right hand heavy track.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
You need a new tire. Barber is not that bad on tires, but it will work both sides. Get a new tire on there and save the used one for a right hand heavy track.

Agree with Jim 100%. You'll work both sides of the tire at Barber.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
If you have to ask, you should just switch the tire regardless. It's in your head already..why go out on equipment you're not confident in?

Plus, it's going to be in late November. There's less heat in the track that time of year. You need a tire that has more rubber to hold more heat to give you any confidence inspiring grip that time of year.

glen521

Control Rider
If you have to ask, you should just switch the tire regardless. It's in your head already..why go out on equipment you're not confident in?

Plus, it's going to be in late November. There's less heat in the track that time of year. You need a tire that has more rubber to hold more heat to give you any confidence inspiring grip that time of year.
Also, since you have never been ..........more likelihood of making errors - more tire may help you recover from those errors. How much is a tire vs. bike repair and hospital bills ?

Scott Russell ran Q3's at Road Atlanta earlier this year when I did a 2 up session with him. I was amazed (and very thankful) at how well they performed. I would trust my bike with the no doubt!

HJ

Dickie

Control Rider
Glad to see you're going with new rubber. Barber has two infamous left hand turns that are extremely important...

Charlotte's web - off-camber left-hander that is a very tricky turn.
Turn 16 - comes onto the front straight, and you'll want all the drive/grip you can get.

Awesome track, but saving money on tires often costs you elsewhere.