Beaver Run Facilities - Showers, etc?

beac83

I'm headed out to Beaver Run for the July dates. I see that camping is allowed, and power is pretty much not available, but was wondering if the track has showers?

Thanks. Looking forward to riding with you.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yup, they have showers, a decent walk up a hill from the pit area, but not horribly far away or anything. Can't speak for the mens', but if they're like the womens', they're pretty nice. Bathrooms always seem clean there.

Haven't been there before? You'll like it, it's one of my faves. See you out there in July!

bigkaley

Control Rider
Facilities are pretty nice. Not enough power to go around, so plan on a generator. Showers/ bathrooms are also pretty nice. 3 shower stalls in men's bathroom. You may want to bring a scooter/ pit bike/ bicycle if you have it. Beaverun is a great track and a great time! I'm planning on being there the July 23/24 dates, so look me up and say Hi!

beac83

bigkaley;199859 wrote: I'm planning on being there the July 23/24 dates, so look me up and say Hi!
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely look you up! Learning a new track has not been my strong point in the past, so I may need someone to show me the lines a few times.

bigkaley

Control Rider
HondaGalToo;199863 wrote: All right!!

I'm brining S'mores for the campfire! :D
Be good to see you Judy! I know you were at Summit Main, I'm sorry I didn't get to see you and ride with you. I got there late due to work, had a friend (Shetty) getting back on the track again finally after 2 years, and my day ended early when my muffler decided to blow apart!! I'll be ready to go by NJMP July 18th and then planning on coming out to Beaverun the following weekend.

Craig,
Beaverun is a great track! We'll definitely hook up and I'll show you the way around! Lots of fun both on the track, and hanging with Buck/ Todd and the Syracuse crew in the evening!

Looking forward to it!

gkotlin

BeaveRun is fine Craig. Was there last year. I'm hoping to go in August as well. The restrooms are along the lines of Road America if I recall correctly.

You new guys. Geeesh.... I was happy with the old Blackhawk restrooms! I heard before I came around, you would get shocked if you showered and touched the fixture.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Does Blackhawk still have coin operated showers? That was a treat. Had to run out and get a roll of quarters

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
gkotlin;199879 wrote: BeaveRun is fine Craig. Was there last year. I'm hoping to go in August as well. The restrooms are along the lines of Road America if I recall correctly.

You new guys. Geeesh.... I was happy with the old Blackhawk restrooms! I heard before I came around, you would get shocked if you showered and touched the fixture.
Ha! You haven't lived until you've used Grattan's restrooms, LOL. Summit's used to be horrible, but they put in nice, new ones!

Kaley, I'll definitely look you up at NJMP on the 18th, and the Beave later that week!

beac83

gkotlin;199879 wrote: You new guys. Geeesh.... I was happy with the old Blackhawk restrooms! I heard before I came around, you would get shocked if you showered and touched the fixture.
slow_honda;199883 wrote:
Does Blackhawk still have coin operated showers? That was a treat. Had to run out and get a roll of quarters
New shower facilities at Blackhawk since at least 2008. No coin showers anymore.

Don't really care either way about nice showers, just wanted to know if I needed to bring a big water bottle and the camp shower.

Thanks Bigkaley, I'll definitely look you up. It'll be nice to meet some of the MA people.

tittys04

Let's not forget Nelson on the list of "roughing it" facilities.

For those that have been, but not in awhile... there are some differences. First one is a camping fee. Last year I think it was $10, this year was something like $25. This may have been resolved since last time, but I haven't heard anything new. The other difference was the surface... it has gotten quite a bit rougher. So much so that I was a couple seconds slower this year compared to last (which was really frustrating).

Craig, you will love the Beave in no time, it is a gem. The layout is really fun. Hook up with a CR and get a tow. As you start figuring out the lines, you will find your way around the bumps. Don't worry about the bumps as you are learning the track, they're not bad enough to hurt you as you are figuring it out, but there are some areas that you will quickly try to find a way around.

Matt H

bigkaley;199877 wrote: and my day ended early when my muffler decided to blow apart!!
Weren't you just saying something to me about it being something little all the time? :notsure: LOL!

Hopefully I'll get my, errr...Doyer's, throttle cable replaced soon!

bigkaley

Control Rider
Matt H;199905 wrote: Weren't you just saying something to me about it being something little all the time? :notsure: LOL!

Hopefully I'll get my, errr...Doyer's, throttle cable replaced soon!
Yup... Karma's a bitch. But I think that since I was riding.... uhhh..... with extra passion??!!.. maybe the muffler blowing apart was me being told to call it a day!

Matt H

bigkaley;199909 wrote: Yup... Karma's a bitch. But I think that since I was riding.... uhhh..... with extra passion??!!.. maybe the muffler blowing apart was me being told to call it a day!
Yup. Some days things are just telling you when to say when - not a bad call. See you back out there soon!

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
bigkaley;199909 wrote: Yup... Karma's a bitch. But I think that since I was riding.... uhhh..... with extra passion??!!.. maybe the muffler blowing apart was me being told to call it a day!
Is that what they call that? Extra passion? I'm gonna have to get some, you went by me like I was in B group. You were flying!!! Had a great weekend, thanks to everybody who was working with Adam and Barb!

Craig, you'll have a blast at the Beave. Stop by and get a cookie. I'll be at the only trailer with a baker on the side.

rk97

tittys04;199900 wrote: Let's not forget Nelson on the list of "roughing it" facilities.

For those that have been, but not in awhile... there are some differences. First one is a camping fee. Last year I think it was $10, this year was something like $25. This may have been resolved since last time, but I haven't heard anything new. The other difference was the surface... it has gotten quite a bit rougher. So much so that I was a couple seconds slower this year compared to last (which was really frustrating).

Craig, you will love the Beave in no time, it is a gem. The layout is really fun. Hook up with a CR and get a tow. As you start figuring out the lines, you will find your way around the bumps. Don't worry about the bumps as you are learning the track, they're not bad enough to hurt you as you are figuring it out, but there are some areas that you will quickly try to find a way around.
you talking BeaveRun, or Nelson in the 2nd paragraph?

I heard the camping fee at BeaveRun went up, but I haven't actually paid it. I assumed NESBA covered it last time I was there. WERA was just a $20 gate fee, but they didn't ask about camping.

The bump into T1 is wider than it used to be. You can avoid it on a "qualifying" line, but if you pass on the brakes into 1 on the inside, you pretty much have to hit it. I almost use it as a reference point to turn in. "not yet... okay, NOW."

my butt was bruised from the bumps exiting T8 after one full day of riding, but I also ran better laps than I ever have... People much faster than me were in the :58's, so I can't complain too loudly.

tittys04

yeah, sorry, paragraph 2 was about Beave.

And you're right, passing up the inside of 1 takes some brass... first time I did it I wasn't expecting such a harsh bump, I had been outside where it was smooth. After that, it was kind of a challenge ;)

I don't think T7 has gotten any worse, which is good. But like you said, exit of 8 is like riding a bronco. I used to enter late so I didn't have to go out so wide (because most bumps were out wide), but those bumps have crept inward, and there's really no way to avoid them.