best fork oil for racing

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
You're asking a completely open ended question. Many variables go into what fork weight oil you use - Bike? Stock forks or aftermarket cartridges in them? What spring rates? How much do you weigh? What's your pace? What's your riding style (Are you a hard, late braker?) Brand doesn't matter as much as how old it is. I'd rather use new Wal-Mart Supertech fork oil (They don't make it, just using it as an example) than official Ohlins fork oil that has 3 seasons of riding on it.

Suspension work is a lot of black magic, and many changes to one piece affect other adjustments. My suggestion would be to find a local, reputable suspension guy, and work with him and let him make the calls for you. Chances are, he's got a lot more experience than you do with what works and what doesn't, and the easier you make his job (By going with whatever he recommends), the quicker and easier he can get the bike to work for you.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
There are quite a few knowledgeable suspension tuners out there. Each rider may prefer one over another. For me I use a guy who is at most every local race weekend and more popular track days and I stay with him. He isn't too far away from home and has always been straight. When you start jumping from one guy to another, you can get confused and doubtful. I have learned a lot from my suspension guy and make minute changes. To answer your question though......it pretty much was answered aboveby Otto in that there are many variables. I like Bel Ray fluids and use it in my street bikes when I refresh the fluid each season, but my tuner prefers Ohlins fluids.