Beware cheap knockoffs

mdhokie

Oh they've got li ion batteries pretty reliable for proven designs, but they've not found the magic additive to prevent the dendrites. They still happen, but are harmless almost all the time, unless they create a bridge and cause a short circuit. They try to limit the charging rates to reduce risk, and I'm sure cell design helps reduce risk as well. When they try out a new design without enough testing, you get exploding phones and airplanes catching on fire. If they can figure out the materials science to limit the dendrites growth, both lithium metal and lithium ion batteries will be safer.

Glad nobody was harmed in this incident, sounds alarming for sure!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I think the funniest part about the whole thing, was my wife freaking out and dying to call 911 after the second set of explosions in the driveway. Everything had calmed down at that point, but she was certain they were going to explode again. Me being the manly man said, what are they going to do? Needless to say, nobody called 911 or the fire department from my house!

bmart

Control Rider
I went to the Battery Tender version in the A bike because the B-bike came with the same. The street bikes all have MotoBatt old school wet batteries...that always seem to work fine and last nearly forever.