Big Thanks to Everyone - NJMP Endurance Day

RyanITV

Admin
I wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who attended the Endurance Event at NJMP yesterday. It went off without a hitch, ran smoothly (thanks Mike!) and all the riders did great.

The Advanced guys rode within the modified rules, setting up clean, courteous passing. The Intermediate guys picked the pace up, but held their lines and got a taste of the Advanced sessions.

The heat sucked, but you guys were troopers - there were still 6 bikes circulating at 5PM. :) I was a girl scout - after tearing up 3 slices of the pizza we had for lunch, I napped for over an hour in my trailer - hahahaha!

How did everyone like the format? Any feedback re: food, water, rules?

Ryan

Turbo329

This was by far the best trackday of the year.

I wish all events were like that. Guys were level headed and didn't stay out long enough to get lightheaded and dehydrated. Everyone exercised good judgement and that's what made it such a great day. Had an awesome time!

Only one thing. If you guys are bringing gatorade/water/food, let us know beforehand. I coulda saved a few $$$ :D lol

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
The format worked great! No issues. Great, clean smooth passes from the A guys. Great to watch and learn. I hope it was a success from the administrative end so we can do more of the A/I endurance days.

The heat sucked the life out of me by lunchtime, haha. Great day! Thanks to those who organized it!

RyanITV

Admin
Turbo329;192129 wrote: This was by far the best trackday of the year.

I wish all events were like that. Guys were level headed and didn't stay out long enough to get lightheaded and dehydrated. Everyone exercised good judgement and that's what made it such a great day. Had an awesome time!

Only one thing. If you guys are bringing gatorade/water/food, let us know beforehand. I coulda saved a few $$$ :D lol
We did post up that we were bringing water and providing lunch. The bananas and Gatorade were a last-minute addition when I was out shopping Monday... :)

Ryan

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
This day was the most fun I've had in some time. The format was great. Go out for 10 laps or so, then come in and take a breather, go right back out. Traffic was never an issue. The "moving away from you" passing rule is genius. In my opinion, it allows one to get the pass done quicker than going around the outside.

Just a couple suggestions if it happens in the future. Maybe a short seminar or two (i.e. mental aspects of riding, bike setup, etc.). Also a few on-track drills for us to work on would be cool.

Overall, a fantastic experience. I'd do another one of these in a heartbeat. Even if it was 90+ degrees out again.

LOrtega

Control Rider
I would also like to thank all the members that came out to play with us, for making the day great....

A day is made or broken by the people who show up to the event and how they use the time at the track.
I cant say enough great things about all of you who came out...

The weather was HOT LIKE AFRICA HOT!!!

However people played it smart got in a ton of riding we never had any bunching,
all the passes I saw were clean. I really think the "I" riders who were on the Bubble really got to see some really awsome riding, Cornering, Braking, and passing which will really give them some things to work on, and a taste of what to expect in "A".

Again thank you everyone, all the Members, Staff, NJMP (for providing the date), and of course Mr Moore :) I ALMOST HAD YOU !!!! ITS THOSE DAMM GOLD WHEELS!!! HAHAHAHHA

LOrtega

Control Rider
ninjamansc;192173 wrote:
Just a couple suggestions if it happens in the future. Maybe a short seminar or two (i.e. mental aspects of riding, bike setup, etc.). Also a few on-track drills for us to work on would be cool.
Did you come into the Tech Garage and ask anyone? This was the one thing I actually did not see a lot of was people actually coming and asking for help.....Next time please come find us and ask us we had about 10 CR's there, that would have had no problem giving pointers tips or riding a few laps with you...

As for suspension setup and so forth BIGGGG thanks to Marc from Marc Built racing he was awsome to have there and is the most Valuable asset NJMP has. He helped a lot of guys sort suspension issues and kept a lot of bikes going which had issues...

Please next time use all the tools at the track thats what we are all there for... Keep that in mind for next time

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
CR LOU, please don't take my suggestions as criticism. I have absolutely no complaints about help available. Was just spit-ballin' ideas. I was pitted with Kaley and Rick, and went out with them multiple times. The format really made it clear to me what I need to work on but by the time it was apparent, the heat-induced fatigue wouldn't allow the concentration needed.

If another A/I day happens, I'll be the gnat bugging everyone for help. :D

MORE PLEASE!!

LOrtega

Control Rider
I didnt take it as criticism,
I know this idea of a trackday is very new to everyone that came out for the day ...
and we just want to make sure we did everything possible on that day and in the future to make it even better..

Your ideas will go into the idea pot and we will tweek what needs to be tweeked to increase the value of what we are trying to provide you.

I will say for a first attempt I dont think I saw a sad face in the house....Except for mine when my clutch went boom :nada:

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Great day, lots of fun. Really hope this happens again!
I thought it would be a good idea if the :i: guys who want to attend endurance days be required to pass :a: group tech rules.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Emerson;192193 wrote: Great day, lots of fun. Really hope this happens again!
I thought it would be a good idea if the :i: guys who want to attend endurance days be required to pass :a: group tech rules.
That's not a bad idea. Mine passes A tech and then some, just because it's safer for everyone....

Turbo329

Emerson;192195 wrote: Can i ask why?
It's not necessary to have I group guys go through the hassle of draining coolant, safety wiring, removing kickstands, etc for a one-off event when many I group guys are using their street bikes.

This event was practically perfect. Nothing warranted a change in how it was run. NESBA seems to have some really level-headed riders who put safety first and are double-checking their kit as of late. My $0.02

Landshark

Control Rider
Did any riders come away with "holly smokes" I never thought to go that fast there? If you did, did you apply it to your riding?

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Turbo329;192201 wrote: It's not necessary to have I group guys go through the hassle of draining coolant, safety wiring, removing kickstands, etc for a one-off event when many I group guys are using their street bikes.

This event was practically perfect. Nothing warranted a change in how it was run. NESBA seems to have some really level-headed riders who put safety first and are double-checking their kit as of late. My $0.02
all you need to do is wire your drain plug, filler cap, oil filter and use water wetter(or something similar). It should only be about 30 min worth of work max!
My first year in :a: group i was still using my street bike never had an issue, so you really cant use that as a viable argument.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Emerson;192204 wrote: all you need to do is wire your drain plug, filler cap, oil filter and use water wetter(or something similar). It should only be about 30 min worth of work max!
My first year in :a: group i was still using my street bike never had an issue, so you really cant use that as a viable argument.
Agreed, when I had a bike that I used for both street and track, I did those minimum things. If you don't want to drill your stock plug and filler cap, Ed Bargy sells "trackday prep" kits that includes those items, plus a hose clamp for the oil filter, and some safety wire. Other places such as Pro-Bolt also sell predrilled drain plugs and other bolts. It's fine to run water + Water Wetter (or other non-glycol coolant as is now allowed) in a street bike for the season. Yeah, you've gotta drain it and put antifreeze back in for the winter, but it's a small thing to do to avoid possible massive down-time/injury at the track that impacts everyone's day.

It's only the things Emerson mentioned above. No kickstand removal or other bolts are required to be wired in the A group. Just the oil plug, filler cap, and a hose clamp around the filter. And the radiator fluid. That's it.

That's my 2 cents anyway...

I resisted doing it for a long time (pre-nesba days) until I realized just how easy it is and how much better it is for everyone's safety, including my own.