Bike numbers?

f4iguy

Dumb question. I signed up for a track day, and it asked for a bike number. I put one in, but does that mean I am supposed to show up with numbers on the bike or do they issue the decals to you when you get there?

If im supposed to get them myself, where can I get them?

BarryD

you can just make the numbers with tape, or buy from a local sign shop, or mc dealers usually sell numbers meant for dirt bikes, or possibly buy at the track..... tape is just fine, cheap, and easy to remove

enjoy your first day.... the F4i is a great bike for learning
what track are you going to?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I don't think they provide decals, you should purchase numbers yourself and have them on the bike prior to the event. Most bike shops have the 5 or 6 inch numbers in black or white. Probably online places as well. If you want to get fancy, you can contact places like dcgraphics for some fancy fonts and colors, otherwise, the "generic" numbers work just fine. If it's a bike you use for both street and track, it helps to get some white vinyl and make a number plate, then stick the numbers on that. Instead of peeling the backing off the number plate, just use duct tape all around the edges to tape it over the headlight. Then you can remove it and reuse it. That's what I did when I had a bike that did street and track. Tapeworks has vinyl in bulk, you'd just need to cut it so it fits reasonably well.

If you don't get numbers in time, you can always make numbers out of electrical tape. Just so long as they're readable, that's fine. I've seen folks make numbers with blue painters tape, too. Cover the headlight in a light colored duct tape, then put numbers on with electrical tape.

JohnS

You need to get the numbers yourself. Most motorcycle shops have them or try ebay, that is where I get mine.

John

TwoTyres

i get mine from office max.
Black 6" numbers 0-9, two sets in a pack for $6. I have been using the 7-2 and giving the others away.

BarrelRoll

Or if you "forgot" to get some numbers, and since the F4i has such a gigantic headlight; you can cut up some pieces of electrical tape. :eek: Not that I've ever done that...

Will

Or use a Magic Marker to write on the tape. My bike has had numbers like that more than once.