blackhawk farms construction

Spitz

Sweet! That drop off on the edge of the final turn was something to be scared of thats for sure.

stkr

Looks like I'll be able to exit T-7 with less pucker factor now. WooHoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickMcCoy

That's awesome, 1 and 7 were horrible off the line, hopefully the cars don't rip it up again right away. It's good to see a track that's always trying to get better, now if only they could do something about the safety in T2.

dlockhart5x

I very much appreciate track owners who are spending money on their facilities. Wish Sam would do the same and upgrade grattan's facilites to go with the awesome new surface. How cool would Gingerman with no seams be and, well just about everything at Nelson could be better except the lay out.

I'm probably never going to be much of a bhf fan, just don't dig the rhythm there. I'd like the 80s no bus stop version better, but even more walls would need to be adjusted for that to be remotely safe.

cooker1

I love BHF and am glad they are repaving T1 and T7 never really had any problems in T7 but T1 is a little sketchy in the morning with dew on the track ! I really dont understand everyone that complains about BHF being unsafe ??????????? I got my cherry popped on this track and love it !!! I am not a real fast rider (yet) but I'm workin on it ! I dont know about the 2 story pavillion that they are building ??????? I guess we will see - money might have been better spent on more track improvements I dont know . Regardless I LOVE BHF and will ride there as long as I can !!!!!!!!!

eE jeremy

cooker1;222850 wrote: I love BHF and am glad they are repaving T1 and T7 never really had any problems in T7 but T1 is a little sketchy in the morning with dew on the track ! I really dont understand everyone that complains about BHF being unsafe ??????????? I got my cherry popped on this track and love it !!! I am not a real fast rider (yet) but I'm workin on it ! I dont know about the 2 story pavillion that they are building ??????? I guess we will see - money might have been better spent on more track improvements I dont know . Regardless I LOVE BHF and will ride there as long as I can !!!!!!!!!
When your bike goes more than 55mph turn 2 gets sketchy, it's a very fast corner (Pretty much WOT from the exit of turn 1 all the way through turn 2, loose it there and you're crashing over 100mph without much run off. The faster you go the more you notice just how little room you have there. Turn 7 wasn't bad unless you were off line, try passing somebody on the outside there (like if they are pitting in or something and you hit those ripples and you're in for a sketchy couple seconds. BHF is always improving, and that's awesome, hopefully someday T2 will be reworked somehow, but I for one am very happy to see turn 1 getting some love :)

j_fuggin_t

eE jeremy;222853 wrote: When your bike goes more than 55mph turn 2 gets sketchy, it's a very fast corner (Pretty much WOT from the exit of turn 1 all the way through turn 2, loose it there and you're crashing over 100mph without much run off. The faster you go the more you notice just how little room you have there. Turn 7 wasn't bad unless you were off line, try passing somebody on the outside there (like if they are pitting in or something and you hit those ripples and you're in for a sketchy couple seconds. BHF is always improving, and that's awesome, hopefully someday T2 will be reworked somehow, but I for one am very happy to see turn 1 getting some love :)
i see what you did there :haha: yea i'm 4th gear there, it gets thin the faster you get, i personally don't find BHF all that unsafe, there is def alot worse out there thats for sure

stkr

I think BHF is just one of those tracks you get used to. Just don't look at the lack of runoff and it's not so bad.

Smiley

stkr;222861 wrote: I think BHF is just one of those tracks you get used to. Just don't look at the lack of runoff and it's not so bad.

here here a couple race weekends and you forget all about the walls lack of runoff etc....

sidepipe79

Smiley;223176 wrote: here here a couple race weekends and you forget all about the walls lack of runoff etc....
Until you go down in T2 and full bore and meet the tires.

First time I have seen a bike broken in half like that. I am pretty sure it saved me though.

Spitz

I think you get so used to the speed and if you've never crashed at the track you really realize how fast you are actually going because you've never slid 200 ft on your ass into home plate.

Hitman954

Spitz;223733 wrote: I think you get so used to the speed and if you've never crashed at the track you really realize how fast you are actually going because you've never slid 200 ft on your ass into home plate.
nicely put!! :agree:

j_fuggin_t

lplonske;223866 wrote: i wish they would pave the whole paddock :)
should they pass that blacktop bill on to you?? :D

just those two patches in 1 & 7 are costing a pretty penny, though i'm sure we'd all love to see the whole thing a paved road, thats just ALOT of coin. just hurry up and get there like you usually do and get a good pit spot :D