Body Position! Good article!

HavocCat

Chris
The only thing I did not see discussed is the "Rossi Leg Wave".

But I am sure that's covered in some super advanced go-fast school somewhere right? :D

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
HavocCat,
A little something on the Rossi leg wave
Excerpt taken from here:

http://motomatters.com/opinion/2009/07/22/the_truth_behind_the_rossi_leg_wave.html

"As entertaining as the speculation is, it still leaves us none the wiser as to why riders waste valuable fractions of seconds and costly energy to take their inside foot off the peg, poise it carefully over the ground, before jamming it back onto the footpeg. Surely they must do it because they gain some advantage from it?

Here's the surprise: When asked - as usual - at the pre-race press conference at the Sachsenring why he takes his foot off the peg - Rossi gave his standard answer, that he didn't know, but that it felt a natural thing to do, and it felt like it helped him brake. But he also revealed a fascinating detail: When he and Jeremy Burgess look at the data, and compare the corners where he does his signature leg wave with the same corner when he leaves his foot on the peg, there is no difference at all. The data shows exactly the same braking time and force, the same weight distribution, no difference whatsoever."

HavocCat

Chris
I remember reading that exact article. Somewhere I saw a graph as well that showed his lap times/ throttle position throughout the track while doing the leg wave and while not, the lines on the graph exactly overlapped. Could have been on the Faster movie, which if you haven't seen it's worth a watch. It's quite interesting.
But I do remember googling the leg wave because I always wondered where it stemmed from. I originally thought he started doing it after his leg injury.