Brake Reservoir mount

any body ever have success in makeing/fabricating a front Brake Reservoir bracket?
im upgradeing the front master w/a brembo RCS and need a bracket for the reservoir.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
May only work on gixxers: http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=COAC

I used the above on my gixxer stock reservoir. When I upgraded to the Brembo, it would work, but instead I used the one in BigBird's link because I like the look and it was easier to get the angle I wanted.

On my 929, I just bought some cheap L brackets from the hardware store and bent them. I eventually got the Ladybird style for it, too. Cleaner look.

Meat

I wonder if that includes the reservoir, hose, clamps and mounting bracket. $63 for a bent piece of aluminum is a tad rediculous, if it doesn't come with everything.

For anyone interested in bending up their own bracket, I would recommend using a 2024 aluminum. It is easy to bend without cracking, cold works well, and is pretty stiff. It is usually the metal of choice for aircraft brackets, when they are made of bend up sheet metal.

6061 is really a crap aluminum, other than you can weld it. It is pretty weak.

7075 and 7050 need a larger bend radius than the 2024.

BigBird

Meat;154887 wrote: I wonder if that includes the reservoir, hose, clamps and mounting bracket. $63 for a bent piece of aluminum is a tad rediculous, if it doesn't come with everything.
It does come with all that you mentioned, because that is what I ended up buying. It was tough finding a longer hose locally and that fits the rez properly. needed something like yesterday. So i ended up paying over $70 shipped for that setup but it does what it needs to do, got me on the track, and i have some more Brembo bling :p

Meat

BigBird;154900 wrote: It does come with all that you mentioned, because that is what I ended up buying. It was tough finding a longer hose locally and that fits the rez properly. needed something like yesterday. So i ended up paying over $70 shipped for that setup but it does what it needs to do, got me on the track, and i have some more Brembo bling :p
Well then I fully understand. I definitely like em easy. :)

be nice to make my own bracket... tracking down the proper thickness of 2024 is another chore and internet searching.
and 63$ is a bit much for a res. container 2 clamps and a peice of hose.. its nice and ez tho'
I'd like to get some clear tube aswell.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yoyodyne sells the clear tubing. Keep in mind that the tubing for the Brembo is a different diameter than the stock.

Meat

cbrcrducmonster;155026 wrote: be nice to make my own bracket... tracking down the proper thickness of 2024 is another chore and internet searching.
and 63$ is a bit much for a res. container 2 clamps and a peice of hose.. its nice and ez tho'
I'd like to get some clear tube aswell.
Yea, I don't actually know where to get scrap (or any small piece) pieces of 2024 sheet. If I was still working at a place that built aircraft on-site, then I could get a few scraps. So, I will have to buy a bracket if I can't find some 2024 sheet scraps.

Matt

HondaGalToo;155031 wrote: Yoyodyne sells the clear tubing. Keep in mind that the tubing for the Brembo is a different diameter than the stock.
I found some at my local auto parts store that is working well. A long time ago I used some tubing that was not good for brake fluid use and the fluid would sweat through the tubing.

The tubing I'm using now is just a clear vinyl tubing. It's not super flexible so mounting everything was a challenge so I didn't kink it, but it's working well now.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Matt;155089 wrote: I found some at my local auto parts store that is working well. A long time ago I used some tubing that was not good for brake fluid use and the fluid would sweat through the tubing.

The tubing I'm using now is just a clear vinyl tubing. It's not super flexible so mounting everything was a challenge so I didn't kink it, but it's working well now.
Good point, make sure whatever tubing you get will withstand brake fluid. The stuff Yoyodyne (or the trackday store) sells is specifically for brakes.

Meat

Matt;155089 wrote: I found some at my local auto parts store that is working well. A long time ago I used some tubing that was not good for brake fluid use and the fluid would sweat through the tubing.
:agree: When I first started riding on the track a guy at my local Cycle Gear gave me some clear tubing for my brake line. Long story, short is that it leaked after just a few track days and when I wiggled the tube it broke in the pits. That was a close one!

BigBird

HondaGalToo;155031 wrote: Yoyodyne sells the clear tubing. Keep in mind that the tubing for the Brembo is a different diameter than the stock.
i think there is a minimum order from yoyodyne, that is another reason i went with the full Brembo mounting kit.

Matt

Meat;155115 wrote: :agree: When I first started riding on the track a guy at my local Cycle Gear gave me some clear tubing for my brake line. Long story, short is that it leaked after just a few track days and when I wiggled the tube it broke in the pits. That was a close one!
When I got this tubing, I filled a short length of it with my brake fluid and put bolts in both ends and let it sit for a week before putting it on the bike. as long as I keep an eye on that test piece, I'll have a weeks notice if anything happens to the piece on my bike!

that 63$ way isnt looking too bad at this point.. i figure pretty much stay away from the clear tubeing at the home center looks kinda soft. I bought my sebimoto bodywrk and marvics from yoyodnye about 7yrs ago and still useing the stuff. McMaster Carr might have bracket/stock and tubeing to get the job done? www.mcmaster.com

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
BigBird;155155 wrote: i think there is a minimum order from yoyodyne, that is another reason i went with the full Brembo mounting kit.
I wouldn't know about that, as I buy too much stuff! :D
I think you're right, though. I don't know what it is, however.