Brake Tech Axis Iron Rotors

ZeroBahamutxRR

I just put a set of these on and I'm wonder what pad I should run with it. Brake Tech says the Ferodo CP2.11 but I need something short notice. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

physicistkev

Control Rider
I would run what they recommend. Over night it if necessary. From a google search there is some hint to lack of performance if you don't use the specified pads, or pads designed to work with the material from your rotors.

Kevin

Kegger

ZeroBahamutxRR;201585 wrote: I just put a set of these on and I'm wonder what pad I should run with it. Brake Tech says the Ferodo CP2.11 but I need something short notice. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
physicistkev;201593 wrote:
I would run what they recommend. Over night it if necessary. From a google search there is some hint to lack of performance if you don't use the specified pads, or pads designed to work with the material from your rotors.

Kevin
Granted Im not a fast guy, but I ran Vesrah srjl's from the get go with the ductile irons and I never noticed a problem. No noticeable fade, and I could put the rear tire in the air rather uncontrollably into turn 1 LOL

greeny

i use ferodo XRACs. they're a little harder to find than vesrahs and a few bucks more than the CP2.11s (although they'll last longer), but cyclepath racing might have a set he could ship you. call dustin, 217-622-0339

ZeroBahamutxRR

Kegger;201993 wrote: Granted Im not a fast guy, but I ran Vesrah srjl's from the get go with the ductile irons and I never noticed a problem. No noticeable fade, and I could put the rear tire in the air rather uncontrollably into turn 1 LOL
greeny;202003 wrote:
i use ferodo XRACs. they're a little harder to find than vesrahs and a few bucks more than the CP2.11s (although they'll last longer), but cyclepath racing might have a set he could ship you. call dustin, 217-622-0339
I appreciate all your guys help. I decided to go with the EBC extreme performance pro's. I talked to the guy that sets my bike up (washington cycle works). He said they were the ones to run and honestly I was a little skeptical since that's what he pushes at his store. But when I went to pick them up yesterday he got a phone call mid conversation and about a minute into it he put the guy that called on the phone with me. The phone guy stated that he went from the SRJL to these and was amazed. Ron at Washington Cycle works is huge on personal customer feedback. He wants you to call him back and let him know how they performed. Thanks for the input guys.

noobinacan

I've been eyeing these for off-season upgrade.
How have these been for you ?
which pads did you end up with ? just curious.

Jeff at Brake Tech said anything organic is what is needed for best performance.
So I would run the same SBS dual carbon's I have been running.

ZeroBahamutxRR

I ended up using the EBC exteme pro's. They worked awsome. After doing some research I've determined that better brake pads will have a greater effect on brake ability. The stock rotors are sufficent and the only reason I got the Brake Tech ones were because I got them for 200 bucks (barely used). Personally I would not spend the 6 or 7 hundred for them brand new. Brake Tech recomends the Ferodo pads but I can say that I've used the EBC's X-pro. Don't get me wrong I think the BT rotors are great too. They look great and the full float is a great option. If money is not a concern they have at it. They EBC's take some heat to work but are very agressive. The stock pads would come on line rather progressive. Once the EBC's got some heat in they would bite like crazy.