Brembo levers safety wired??

turbobusa2000

On page 21 of the manual it states..."All Brembo brake levers must have pin saftey-wired or otherwise secured" I have brembo master cylinders, I'm not sure what part they are refering to. Is it the pivot point for the lever? Thanks

JRA

Yes, it's the pivot for the lever. If your MC lever has a bolt with a nut then you are good to go with no wire, but if you have a hollow pin with a clip on the bottom then it needs to be wired. A zip tie will also work.

surfercc

Control Rider
I would think about putting the nut on top, or drilling safety wire through the nut/bolt to make sure that nut doesn't come off the bottom. If it's on top you can check it easily, or notice if it's backing off. Nothing will ruin your day faster if that little guy disappears....

turbobusa2000

surfercc;108856 wrote: I would think about putting the nut on top, or drilling safety wire through the nut/bolt to make sure that nut doesn't come off the bottom. If it's on top you can check it easily, or notice if it's backing off. Nothing will ruin your day faster if that little guy disappears....
I'll certainly consider that option, thanks.

Dan