Broke off a swingarm spool holder. Now what?

okayh

Posted this on my local forum and was told to replace the swingarm since this one has been comprimised. Looking for second opinions before I spend money...

-------

HAd an off yesterday and broke off a spool. Thinking gp style lifts or get this one welded back. Looking for opinions on both.

If I go gp, I would need someone to make adapters for my rear stand, either separate inserts or modify the existing ones (in before "buy a pitbull stand") Also, who is cheaper then Attack for the lift portion?

And I'd assume the spool would break off again rather easy. Looks like it was designed to minimize swingarm damage in this case...

Bike is a 09 zx6r

77ed3743.jpg

c7ff96a5.jpg

95703c79.jpg

ee57a592.jpg

some guy #2

Weld it up or buy the GP lifters. I know Gilles sells them but it's some $$ to get the whole setup. I do not see why that couldn't be welded up again. You will need to remove the swing arm however.

DFlowe

I did the same thing several years back and I went on ebay and bought another swingarm as cheap as I could have mine welded. it might be work your time to check it out.

PJZOCC624

DFlowe;246264 wrote: I did the same thing several years back and I went on ebay and bought another swingarm as cheap as I could have mine welded. it might be work your time to check it out.

:agree:

Swingarms seem to be a pretty inexpensive pick-up.

nodakgus

Must be a thing w/ ZX6R because it happened on my 2007 track bike about 5 weeks ago. The welders I talked to want the swing arm off. If I am going to go through the trouble of removing the swing arm I decided to just buy another swing arm off ebay and save the hassle/trip/expense of the welder....

bluers

I don't know about the Kawi's, but a GSXR swingarm can be had for between $30-$50 any day of the week. If you have to take it off anyway I would look into buying another swingarm. Although the GP lifters are saweeeeet!