Camping at NJMP Weekend of 10/3

KN53

I have some friends that want to come down and see what track days are all about. They were looking to bring a camper and leave it overnight either on 10/2 or 10/3. Watch a bunch of the event and then go home the next day. Do you need to be a participant to be let in the gate the night before? Or camp at all? I always go to AC after a track day so I can't tell him. Also, if you are allowed, when does NJMP open the gates the night before. Thanks in advance.
Kevin

CBRtist

Hmm. Not sure about this. N2 usually covers camping/electric for members only for events. Is there a member who will be riding and camping with them? If so, shouldn't be a problem.

Otherwise there are camping and electric costs, in addition sometimes to spectator fees (but uncertain if those are still in effect). In otherwards, the track isn't considered a campground for the general public, it's a benefit in addition to an event that one has paid for if that makes sense?

However, if they are interested, hook up with a member and have them come on out. There's more than enough people (myself included) who would be happy to answer questions and show them around! :)

KN53

Ill be there Sunday and Monday for the event, they were just toying with the idea of coming down sat and leaving sunday, as they have "normal" work days. Thanks Wendy, probably just going to use our backup plan instead of complicating things.
Kevin

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Are you staying over Sat night? If they came with you Sat afternoon/evening, then watched for awhile on Sunday? Of course, I say this not knowing how far away you are from NJMP! :)
It's great you want to bring them to encourage them to ride with us! Thanks!
You and your friends should be able to get in anytime on Saturday, since it's our event and we have the track on Saturday. Friday would be later, probably after 5, but we have the track on Saturday, so it shouldn't be a problem. I agree with Wendy's assessment, but if they came in Saturday...they might be charged a nominal spectator fee if they come in after 10 am ($15?), but they should be allowed in any time. The camping Sat night, maybe a bit of a gray area since they aren't members, but it might be worth sending an email to support@n2td.org to get a definitive answer. Power is more limited on Lightning.

KN53

They dont ride, plus we're only coming sun/mon. Its my InLaws, they want to see what the fun is about, plus hit the gokarts for a while. we decided to rent the suites at Thunderbolt and just hang out there Sun night. Thanks for the tips tho ladies.
-Kevin