Can the Admin of this site PLEASE

Derick

install Tapatalk? This makes it so much easier to access the forum from our phones. Thanks, smiles

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
just what i need....something to make posting easier when i am away from my computer.............

BigBird

my only issue with Tapatalk is that users have to pay for it, while the site(NESBA in this case) is allowing them free access. I think this is a reason why WERA also doesn't use tapatalk. AKA someone else is making money from a service your providing free.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Meh, I think they have a free version. It's an Android app, so you may have to purchase the "pro" version or whatever they call it, once, and it's only a few bucks, I think? You can still access the site the usual way, but TapaTalk is a nice convenience if you choose to install it. I like it.

Derick

BigBird;155303 wrote: my only issue with Tapatalk is that users have to pay for it, while the site(NESBA in this case) is allowing them free access. I think this is a reason why WERA also doesn't use tapatalk. AKA someone else is making money from a service your providing free.
I do agree with that, but it doesnt cost anything to have the code added. Its still up to the users whether they want to pay for the app. I already have the app for other forums i visit, so this isnt an issue. Those who dont want to pay for the app, can still access the forum through their regular browser

I just think that since its free to add to the forum, why not add it and let the users decide if they want to use the app or not. It would be totally different if the forum had to pay for the code

BigBird

HondaGalToo;155311 wrote: Meh, I think they have a free version. It's an Android app, so you may have to purchase the "pro" version or whatever they call it, once, and it's only a few bucks, I think? You can still access the site the usual way, but TapaTalk is a nice convenience if you choose to install it. I like it.
2.99 in android market, of which zero goes to NESBA, even though they are paying the hosting fees, etc.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yeah, but as Derick stated, it doesn't cost NESBA anything to add it on. It's just a fee to offset the costs of the person who wrote the program, so folks on android phones can have the convenience if they so choose. Agreed that if NESBA had to pay to add it, I'd have a problem with it. NESBA, as any other site, are paying hosting fees anyway, so I guess I don't get why you think tapatalk should give money to NESBA. So I choose pay ~3 bucks to access the site a different way...that's not hurting NESBA in any way. :dunno:
It's not like you're sneaking into the site for free with that app, or something.

lemondrop

HondaGalToo;155368 wrote: Yeah, but as Derick stated, it doesn't cost NESBA anything to add it on. It's just a fee to offset the costs of the person who wrote the program, so folks on android phones can have the convenience if they so choose. Agreed that if NESBA had to pay to add it, I'd have a problem with it. NESBA, as any other site, are paying hosting fees anyway, so I guess I don't get why you think tapatalk should give money to NESBA. So I choose pay ~3 bucks to access the site a different way...that's not hurting NESBA in any way. :dunno:
It's not like you're sneaking into the site for free with that app, or something.
2.99 x 100,000 = $299,000

thats some fee for creating one application.....

I see where BigBird is coming from. Look at it this was, would Tapatalk have a market if it wasn't for the forums? Kind of like the downloading songs back in the early Y2K......

I am surprised some forums install it, especially those that have ad banners running across their forums......

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
But the banners that businesses pay for are ads, like buying an ad in a newspaper or something. I guess I'm just not understanding why Tapatalk should give some proceeds to the forums? They are just making it easier and more convenient for folks to access sites through mobile devices, so it could be argued that since they are making it easier for people access sites, they are increasing traffic to the sites that have signed up. They are potentially giving folks more access, and they aren't charging the forums. Anyway, you only have to pay for Tapatalk Pro. There is a free version.

Whatever, I really like it on my phone, I find it much easier to read my favorite forums rather than going through the browser.

lemondrop

Free version is only a demo......

And the people that pay to have their ads on forums expect that the traffic the forums receive will be able to see their ads. from the screenshots, it looks as though no ads are visible. So, in essence, tapatalk is taking revenue away from those who place ads on forums.

Put it this way...

Tapatalk = NESBA
Forums = Track

We use the tracks through NESBA. NESBA pays the track to allow us on, NESBA makes money and so does the track. Track can continue to operate with clean facilities. If this were not to happen, then the track would deteriorate eventually to the point of slummit (little joke).

You use the forum through Tapatalk.

geekmug

Derick;156171 wrote: Woohoo. Thanks Ryan. Posted from tapatalk
And now that I own a "smart" phone, I think I would rather the forum didn't have tapatalk.. everytime you go to a forum with tapatalk, the damn browser pops up to tell ya that it's tapatalk enabled. :p

Dutch

I work in ecommerce. If installing code on a page allows more people to access your site from a mobile device, and those people are willing to pay for the app to do so, it's a win win for all those involved. That's just how the industry works. I know of mobile optimization companies that make quite a pretty penny by charging the site itself for their service - and these sites are more then willing to pay the fee counting on increased access and traffic as a result. The business model here is a little bit different in that tapatalk makes their money off of people who buy their app, not by charging the sites for the code to make their site accessible via their app.