CCS/ASRA - Road America May 5,6

some guy #2

Anybody heading this event?

I need to get my race fix on so it's either this or the WERA event. CCS and or ASRA does weekend passes correct?

kbonigut

friday

they have a track day offered friday via STT. FYI. Almost full but spots may still be available.

some guy #2

Isn't just a test and tune day in the evening? I dunno when it get's dark up there but that's not a lot of time for practice in day light.

some guy #2

Ah, i see test and tune and think it's like Mid-O or Gingerman and it's not the full day. Not a bad deal for a full day at RA!

some guy #2

So I just priced 8 races and that's not happening any time soon :)

Probably a safe bet to do 2 a day. That Michelin Pro race looks promising but I can only assume I'd need new tires to be competitive for a podium if not top 5.

some guy #2

How did this event turn out? I heard it was cold and rainy the entire time. Grattan wasn't much better until late Sat. and Sun morning.

thumpin250

It started raining around 1 am and kept going till 8ish if memory serves (saturday). By the time race 1 was done the track was virtually totally dry and stayed that way for the rest of the day. Today i went ahead and headed home before race 1 and i imagine they didn't stay dry by the looks of things.

alocker

Sunday sucked. It started drizzling at the start of Race 2 which at the flag was still a "dry" race. By turn 3 Brian Hall was down and they red flagged it. Started pouring and I left at 1pm.