CCS at Summit Who's In?

greytop

I'm in

Be there Friday Night to register etc....Pitting with Stinson. Practice on Saturday, Only racing Monday

would love to race F40 on Sunday but couldn't find a sub for my weekly church gig so Monday HWSB and UNLSB is all for me

Katie785

i heard the MW classes may be full.. i have never seen them fill up .. the cap with wera is something like 60.. anyone know about CCS? i didnt get a chnace to prereg, I know I am screwed for grid position.. what about not even being able to race?

Macon663

Worst case, HW classes never seem to fill up so you'd definitely still get to race. The mw classes sold out a bunch last year at the popular tracks like summit and vir. A cap of 60 sounds high for ccs. I think it was at 45 or so last year.

Katie785

thats crazy. 45 is less than NESBA's cap lol.. I don't mind racing up a class or 2. I'll just do that. They also have this "femmoto" thing that I can do, but it's usually not that fun and it's race 1 on sunday, so I would be done with my weekend before I knew it lol. I REALLY want to do the 25 min races (GTO?) so hopefuly there's still room in that. I heard also about registration Friday night? Or is it Sat morning? I may have to come down early just to sign up.

Macon663

They typically have registration the night before and I would definitely recommend going Friday night to sign up. I think all the MW classes sold out for this race last year also. And then the HW classes sold out the next morning.

See you there!

Clarus

Last year almost every class sold out. [it was CCS, ASRA, and USGRPU in one weekend]. I passed the liscence school and they said, 'Sorry you can't race.'

[They actually raised the cap so the students could get a race or two in, but that was after some initial turn downs]

So yea... Friday night reg sounds like a good idea.

Todd Stinson

Yeah I have a feeling it's going to be a packed weekend. First local MA CCS race of the season. I got shut out of HWSB last year when I tried to register Saturday morning.

Katie785

Nevermind.. I found it... gotta see if I can get everything loaded up so I can leave work early and get there on time.

Katie785

OK.. So it looks like I'll be there all weekend getting there friday at 6 to register and hopefully get a spot in MW or HW. I'll be bored on Saturday and I'd be glad to cook .. so look forward to some good eating! :)

Clarus

woohoo! Makes me wish I was getting there before 6pm on Sat.... maybe a late dinner after unpacking.

Clarus

Ok Rick.. since you know everything. [I had to check the rule book]...

So you're telling me GTO is Unlimited and GTU is not? Who came up with THAT idea! What does the O stand for?

I guess there's a reason why I stick to GT-Lights!

Rick Johnson

I don't know who came up with that.I'm still kinda new to racing but have raced in both the
GTO and GTU so that's how I know what bikes run in them.

SimplyRed

Looks like I'll be there. Planning to head up tonight (Fri). Need some pit buddies as well. Where are folks pitting?

Clarus

I'll be pitting wherever there's room! With everyone going tonight, I hope there's room for me tomorrow afternoon.