Chain suggestions?

Rydell

Alright folks. Got my new toys in the mail. Do I have to take out links of the chain for proper fitment, or do I just put the master link on and good to go? Would be nice if we had an 06 R6 chain installation how-to around here. :(

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Rydell;143981 wrote: Alright folks. Got my new toys in the mail. Do I have to take out links of the chain for proper fitment, or do I just put the master link on and good to go? Would be nice if we had an 06 R6 chain installation how-to around here. :(
When you order a chain, I think it usually comes with 120 links. You'll probably have to remove some. I usually just either count links, and/or line the old chain up with the new. If you've changed gearing significantly, you may need your new chain to be a different length than your old one. how many links are in the stock chain?

I think there's a way to tell how long you should make it, but hopefully someone with your bike and gearing will chime in.

sobottka

you'll need to rivit the master link on with a special tool or take it to your local shop/dealer and they could do it for you. motion pro makes a cheap chain tool, it is "cheap" but works.