Change forum colors???

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
ninjamansc;n592263 wrote: Holy moly! Every time I visit this place it's something different. lol

No kidding...

I'm just not quite sure if it's because I'm old fashioned, and I don't like change, or if I'm just used to the old style NESBA theme. If I had to guess, I want to say it's because I liked the old theme better...almost all of the other forums I post on utilized the same setup so it was a very "natural" home for me.

jtdbsr

I feel the same way. Hate to be against change, but so far the old Nesba colors were the best. As far as functionality, it seems ok. Anyway to display more threads on one page?

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
jtdbsr;n592281 wrote: I feel the same way. Hate to be against change, but so far the old Nesba colors were the best. As far as functionality, it seems ok. Anyway to display more threads on one page?
Currently it is set to 15 posts per page. What would you like it to be?

Keep the feedback coming. We are trying to adjust as well to the new layout/functionality as well.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
What happened to signatures? What's the bar thingy under the names? Seems to be an issue with a whole lot of avatar pics. Sometimes they show up, sometimes not.

jtdbsr

darth nater;n592288 wrote:

Keep the feedback coming. We are trying to adjust as well to the new layout/functionality as well.
How much effect does it have on page load times? I'm used to seeing 20-30 threads depending on which forum it is.

sv650

Kendall
darth nater;n592288 wrote:

It seems about right to me. I could do without the sticky posts showing on every page though. The more stickied posts there are, the harder it is to get to the rest of the content on the forum. It'd be nice to have them on page 1, then following pages would not have the stickied posts.

Otherwise I think the color themes/etc look good, and it's definitely more modern. It's going to take a bit to get used to, but I think in a month or so everyone would be unhappy going back to the old interface.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
sv650;n592333 wrote:

It seems about right to me. I could do without the sticky posts showing on every page though. The more stickied posts there are, the harder it is to get to the rest of the content on the forum. It'd be nice to have them on page 1, then following pages would not have the stickied posts.

Otherwise I think the color themes/etc look good, and it's definitely more modern. It's going to take a bit to get used to, but I think in a month or so everyone would be unhappy going back to the old interface.
I adjusted the number of topics to 20 per page and changed the sticky posts to only be shown on the first page of a forum.

Enjoy!

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
ninjamansc;n592292 wrote: What happened to signatures? What's the bar thingy under the names? Seems to be an issue with a whole lot of avatar pics. Sometimes they show up, sometimes not.
Signatures should be restored.

No idea what the bar thingy under the names is. I think it has something to do with some kind of reputation system

My avatar was not showing up. I went to my profile and set it again even though in my profile I could see it and it is now working correctly.

Hoping things will continue to iron themselves out. Keep the feedback coming. I'm trying to address/respond to all issues/concerns that are raised.