Chest protectors

Quickone4u

Looking to pick one up in the next few weeks and trying to narrow down what's worth getting and what isn't. I see some are CE rated and some only seem to be glorified pads. What's the word? Who's using what and how do you like the protection and fit. Who seems to have the better quality and protection? Thanks!

Quickone4u

Never heard or Impactarmor but will look into that further. I've looked at the Forcefield as well and that was on the table also. I like coming across other companies I've been previously unaware of that put out quality work like what seem to be the case with impact. Any others? Keep them coming.

bmrboy

Forcefield sub 4 pro ..... excellent product , chest protection as well ... worth every penny !!!!!
read the rating ... multi - impact rated ..... highest rated

moto1320

The Knox stuff is great but some of it is pretty thick. Keep in mind how much room you have to spare in your leathers. I use the Knox Ageis because it is so thin for the back and the A-Stars that zips in to their suits for the chest. I have a Forcefield in my street jacket and like it a lot. I'll likely replace the Knox with the Forcefield Sub 4 for the track when the time comes.

9mmkungfu

bmrboy;297807 wrote: Forcefield sub 4 pro ..... excellent product , chest protection as well ... worth every penny !!!!!
read the rating ... multi - impact rated ..... highest rated
I am using a Pro Sub 4 as well. Read up on it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

meowculpa

I have the impact armor and the forcefield.
Impact was custom fitted ( but took took forever! )
While waiting on it, i bought the forcefield and fortunately the fit was perfect.
both are fantastic and feel better upon riding, as the body heat make it more pliable. it boils down to priority (custom fit v/s time)

9mmkungfu

I looked at the Impact Armor website and couldn't find any CE/EN1621-2 rating information or formal testing info, just a lot of claims and a long list of people who have worn it at one time or another.

Does anyone know if their armor carries any sort of CE/EN1621-2 rating?

Is meeting the EN1621-2 standard important?

Edited - I did find this on the "About the Company" section:

"Appropriately named Impact Safe-T Armor , prototype specimens were submitted to Cambridge University's prestigious clothing testing facility in Great Britain for impact dissipating worthiness testing. This farsighted action was taken not only to assess the effectivness of Impact's innovative protection concept, but also to insure wearer safety during the subsequent six year competition phase of Impact's rigorous wearability development program. Impact Safe-T Armor is designed to exceed current European CE standards for sport body armor."

Interesting.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Good stuff, I'm kicking around wearing a chest protector this season as well...:cool:

Capitalview

Leatt just came out with a new chest and back protector set. Review of it in this months Road Racing World. Looks to be some pretty interesting material.

It actually hardens when something impacts against it. Otherwise it is soft and pliable while wearing it. $200 for their chest/back protector "shirt".

I thought It was CE rated level 2. Don't have the article right in front of me though so don't quite me on that.