Choice of battery

dt4629

Hi all,

I'm in need of a new battery (07 GSXR 750). I do about 6-7 track days per year, all spread out, no street riding. I've searched the forum, but can't find an answer on point. Yuasa or Shorai? I know Shorai is lighter, but I'm just a novice, so won't feel a difference. What's important is it'll crank after a month idle, without hooking up the battery tender. Thanks.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
FWIW, I've always had great luck with Yuahsa. I found good prices on them on Amazon. It's fine without a tender during the summer months. However, it's pretty easy to get a charger and hook the pigtail to your battery. Makes plugging it in easy.

JVance

I hear Cycle Gear offers lifetime battery replacement. Other than that I get the $50 battery at walmart, seems to work fine in my race bike.

GriffinD

My vote is for the Ballistic EVO2 8 cell. Amazingly small, lightweight battery. I think you shave 10 pounds off the stock. In the winter, disconnect the negative terminal & let it sit.

cbr_600rr_freak

Lonewrench;266214 wrote: MotoBatt best battery for the $ and great warrantee
He's right! Catherine from MotoBatt will hook you up! She also sells windshields, levers, subframes, fairing stays, and other stuff! Hit her up on Fb!!!

GriffinD;266200 wrote:
My vote is for the Ballistic EVO2 8 cell. Amazingly small, lightweight battery. I think you shave 10 pounds off the stock. In the winter, disconnect the negative terminal & let it sit.
It's a lithium ion battery. You can leave it hooked up with no issues.

Southerly

I am still using the battery that was put in at the factory in 04. Starts the bike no problem twice a day most days of the year.

noobinacan

the one place...that if you lose weight, makes all the difference in handling is weight savings in the subframe area.
Mass centralization.

off course you can lose un-sprung weight and that helps the bike handle as well.

j_fuggin_t

nk140;266537 wrote: :agree: Stock battery for me as well. Looking at a Alien Motion though.
some guy #2;266542 wrote:
Werd for stock. I think the stock batt. are also much cheaper than any of the newer fancy ones.
I see it at least once a weekend. Somebody pushing their bike to bump start it because the battery took a shit, nearly every time it's been an aftermarket battery.

cooker1

I have the same Bat from 3 yrs ago still goin but kinda weak got REXX Battery buildin me a lithion ion for sponsorship ! Gotta love the locals !!!!!!!!!!

Gorecki

nk140;266537 wrote: :agree: Stock battery for me as well. Looking at a Alien Motion though.
The thing I found amazing about the Alien Motion is it does the job and weights nothing! I have the four cell in my 600 and it took a good grip to get and lift the OE battery out while I could hold up its replacement with two fingers!

536492_287444638016767_758565225_n.jpg

knockoutwork

dt4629;266162 wrote: Hi all,

I'm in need of a new battery (07 GSXR 750). I do about 6-7 track days per year, all spread out, no street riding. I've searched the forum, but can't find an answer on point. Yuasa or Shorai? I know Shorai is lighter, but I'm just a novice, so won't feel a difference. What's important is it'll crank after a month idle, without hooking up the battery tender. Thanks.

Full Spectrum Batteries | Lightweight Batteries | Full Spectrum Power |
www.fullspectrumpower.com/Full Spectrum Batteries: The Best Lightweight Batteries for Motorcycles, Cars, Planes, ATV's, Watercraft, Karts, and other vehicles. Made in the USA.