Clips for safety wire

Alan #14

I keep my bike safety wired for the street and track I simply like the extra safety. I noticed several people using clips with their safety wire setups and rear axle nut, where do you get the clips? I like the ability to access the fill plug without having to rewire every time also not having to replace the cotter pin would be nice too.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Like Bob said, Home Depot sells "R-clips" in the hardware section in multiple sizes. I use them for my axle nuts and oil fill nut, but on the filter and oil drain bolt, I prefer to do it the old-fashioned way.

Alan #14

Thanks for the replies I'm going to go check Home Depot. I want to use them on my axle nut, oil filler, and radiator cap.

borislav

Control Rider
I would recommend hair clips!
Harbour Freight has R clips,hair clips etc in nice little box with assortment of sizes for dirt cheap.

borislav

Control Rider
Lol,yes I DO,when I cross dress I have gorgeous long blond hair which I tie in ponytail somtimes,hence hair clips!:D

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
This is what you want. Don't listen to Bo.

dhh10282.jpg

Myers

Control Rider
This thread went sideways...quickly... like Bo...

However you safety wire your ride.. A - Do you trust it. B - Even if you do.. ask some of the CRs and Veteran riders what they use.. never to much knowledge with safety...