CMP 9/3-9/4

PrivateerLife

Hey PL, Get ready to have a great time. I will be there that weekend and you can come hit me up with any questions you might have. It's my first time at this track so I don't know where I'll be pitting yet but look for a red pop up with a red/white/black Ducati.
Hey mike come find me I'll have my PrivateerLife banner up and a flag I believe. May have some Merch for sale lol

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
These?
alpinestars-sierra-gore-tex-boot.jpg

If so I HIGHLY doubt they will pass tech....I would not ride with those on the track.....

PrivateerLife

@hondagal as of right now we just have vinyls. I'm planning on shirts and silicone bands for your wrist next. Then hats and so on. You guys can find us on Facebook. @Tad I have some similar. I'll need to order new boots then.

vanelli56

I can leave the bike and trailer there at the track and it will be safe?

Oh yes. Track is pretty much in the middle of no where... usually quite a few people there camping, and plenty of others that leave their bikes overnight. Usually just put up on stands, and put a cover on, or lower your pop up down over the bikes.
Then just for good measure, you can always introduce yourself to a fellow rider that looks like they might be camping there, and just ask them to keep an eye open for you. Everyone I have ever met at the track is always friendly and willing to help out a fellow rider.

meanstrk

Control Rider
Garages usually run about $50 a day and can be reserved by calling the track. p 803.475.2448 You can EASILY put 6 bikes in a garage space, so it is easy to get someone to share with you, but the limiting factor is power for tire warmers. The garages are covered only with open sides, but no one will mess with your stuff at night anyways. There is a gate guard at all times as well. The rest of the paddock is paved access roads and grass/sand camping/parking area with plenty of power throughout. Because of the grass and sand, many bring pieces of plywood to put the bike stands on since you cannot park on the paved portion.

There is a gas station right by the entrance to the track where fuel is about as cheap as you are going to find. Leave your cans empty and fill them up when you get there.

The track is abrasive on tires, particularly the right side. VERY abrasive.

meanstrk

Control Rider
In what way?

It is an abrasive track.

T1 tends to be a bit sandy on the inside due to bikes coming out of the pit road. There are varying types of pavement and you cross over sections which plays with your head more than anything.

T5/6/7 tend to be taken as three distinct turn in points by newer riders, but if you make one long arc out of it, it flows properly. Use the CR's for a tow to get the flow down. It is a fun little track that takes a little time to get use to, just like any place. Not much elevation change.

You can take the back kink MUCH faster that you will first believe!

It is a crappy spectator track since you can't go round to the back section at all.

Bathrooms and showers are usually clean, but there are minimal shower stalls. Red ants can be a problem, so look out that you are not setting up on a pile.

Did I mention the track is abrasive? It truly is bad enough where I tend to avoid the track simply because of excessive tire wear. If you can run a quick pace, you can plan on flipping a rear at the end of the first day if you expect to get another day out of it. I have blistered the right sides before lunch before. I am still on the fence about if I am going to go right now, but am leaning towards doing it, simply because I have not been since I ran the WERA round in 2014.