CMP Cancelled...NCBIKE still on track?

denbsteph

I'm not starting a rumor nor confirming one, since there APPEARS to be lack of communication from some higher ups. Is NESBA still in for NCBIKE? I have not signed up yet, but gonna hold on since there appears to be some communication issues. This is how one of the other regions demise began..........no communication and track days cancelled without notice, no refunds, pretty much no explanation. :dunno:

joeyb

I'm gonna sign up, if people don't sign up, they will cancel it. If they cancel it, they will make it right I'm sure but they can't commit to the track if people aren't commited to riding.

Str8_Lurkin

joeyb;286495 wrote: I'm gonna sign up, if people don't sign up, they will cancel it. If they cancel it, they will make it right I'm sure but they can't commit to the track if people aren't commited to riding.
Very true!

denbsteph

Occasionally I like to stir the pot, poke the bear. I have found the only way to get a straight answer from people is to do this. Call it paranoid some type of mental defect or whatever you choose. The response below makes me wonder.....this is why I'm waiting to sign up for NCBIKE.

Nesba;286445 wrote: You can contact me directly if you would like. But how do you feel we should have handled it? Did the track do what they were suppose to do? When did we tell the track that it was canceled? When did we tell the members? What is a reasonable amount of time from the time we tell the track to the time we inform the members?

JRA

NC Bike is not cancelled.

Dennis, that's a pretty big leap to go from NESBA cancelling one event to shutting down the whole region, and saying you aren't starting a rumor doesn't negate the fact that's exactly what you attempting to do. Kind of like saying to someone "I don't mean to be rude" and then being rude to them. Just because you say you don't mean to do something it isn't negated when you then go ahead and do it. As for communication issues and no explanation then that is just plain wrong. Everybody who was signed up for CMP received an email about the cancellation once everything was finalized. That last word there is key. I'm pretty sure everyone would have been at least equally upset to be told Sunday that it was cancelled only to find out Wednesday that it was back on.

Joey is the voice of reason here. Let's all control what we can control: if you want to go to NC Bike, then sign up, and if you don't want to go then don't, but stop stirring up another firestorm with speculation and gossip that is unwarranted.

JRA

denbsteph;286514 wrote: Occasionally I like to stir the pot, poke the bear. I have found the only way to get a straight answer from people is to do this. Call it paranoid some type of mental defect or whatever you choose. The response below makes me wonder.....this is why I'm waiting to sign up for NCBIKE.
I can assure you that is not the way to do it. The proper way to do it is to email me or another director if you have a question. Your way just makes you look foolish. You do realize that you don't just wake up in the morning and cancel an event, right?

denbsteph

JRA;286522 wrote: NC Bike is not cancelled.

Dennis, that's a pretty big leap to go from NESBA cancelling one event to shutting down the whole region, and saying you aren't starting a rumor doesn't negate the fact that's exactly what you attempting to do. Kind of like saying to someone "I don't mean to be rude" and then being rude to them. Just because you say you don't mean to do something it isn't negated when you then go ahead and do it. As for communication issues and no explanation then that is just plain wrong. Everybody who was signed up for CMP received an email about the cancellation once everything was finalized. That last word there is key. I'm pretty sure everyone would have been at least equally upset to be told Sunday that it was cancelled only to find out Wednesday that it was back on.

Joey is the voice of reason here. Let's all control what we can control: if you want to go to NC Bike, then sign up, and if you don't want to go then don't, but stop stirring up another firestorm with speculation and gossip that is unwarranted.

JRA,

You see it worked, I got a answer for me and everyone else who is afraid to ask it on the forum. I got the from someone who I have had face time with and trust, not your weather reports though :haha:

Poking the bear does work....for me anyway, I got an answer that sounds pretty solid.

I'm not so concerned about looking foolish, others opinions about me are in the wind. I get thousands of different opinions about me everyday at work, I'm used to it and it means little.

JRA

Well some bears bite when you poke them, others just bump you down if you know what I mean.:D

denbsteph

JRA;286539 wrote: Well some bears bite when you poke them, others just bump you down if you know what I mean.:D

fair enough, I'll just be quiet now.........

One more thing, if you are looking for a tow at NCBIKE let me know, I might be able to accommodate you..... :D

Thats what I call poking the bear......... LOL!!

denbsteph

Ruhe52;286541 wrote: Consider it done :D

I'm back in "I" group? I get to keep my "A" sticker and sell it to some squid out there looking for some street cred................
I win again!!!! :D

JRA

One more thing, if you are looking for a tow at NCBIKE let me know, I might be able to accommodate you.....
Sorry, but if I make the trip I'll be riding in the advanced group.:popcorn:

denbsteph

JRA;286544 wrote: Sorry, but if I make the trip I'll be riding in the advanced group.:popcorn:
You can still get a tow in "I" group.........if you want. Ruhe you are invited as well. :wow:

Ruhe52

Similarly, some non-profits, as private organizations, are not subject to the anti-discrimination laws which might apply to similar organizations serving the public for profit. As an example, the Boy Scouts of America do not allow girls as Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts, and the courts have held this does not violate anti-discrimination laws. :D

denbsteph

Ruhe52;286548 wrote: Similarly, some non-profits, as private organizations, are not subject to the anti-discrimination laws which might apply to similar organizations serving the public for profit. As an example, the Boy Scouts of America do not allow girls as Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts, and the courts have held this does not violate anti-discrimination laws. :D

It's all rubbish............. it's because I'm green isn't it??

Thread hijacker.

Ruhe52

Hey JRA is bumping you down.

I am thinking lock you out, but hey if that tow is still available I'll pick you up one of the times I lap you.

:nutkick:

denbsteph

Ruhe52;286552 wrote: Hey JRA is bumping you down.

I am thinking lock you out, but hey if that tow is still available I'll pick you up one of the times I lap you.

:nutkick:
NNOOOOOOOOOOO !!

Is this where I'm supposed to beg, grovel and cry saying " please don't take my kodachrome away " :asleep:

See ya at NCBIKE. This is a thread about the concerns of NCBIKE being cancelled.........right????????? :eek:

Meat

This was Sunday:

itsthat;286032 wrote: so i regestered for 8/31 at cmp the other day., loged on my account today and it says i have no upcoming events., and i do not see the cmp track day avalible for regestration any more but i do have a invoice in my email.,... just confused., can somone clear things up for me??
So, it was known that CMP was cancelled back then. We got emails yesterday telling is it was cancelled. That is the lack of communication that the OP was probably referring to.

Ruhe52

or they shut it down anticipating an issue so more could not sign up and avoided 10 more threads on the subject. Point is no one knows. During that time NESBA could have been doing everything they could to not cancel your days. Alas no resolution and the track starts putting out info before NESBA has been released.

THIS IS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO BE A RE PLAYING OF WHAT WENT DOWN JUST A POSSIBLE SCENARIO WITH LESS OF A NEFARIOUS BEND

It amazes me that this org can get sooooo much right but one thing doesn't work and it would seem that the one issue is how the club gets judged. Wow what if I judged every member to be just like Denbsteph!!!!!!:wow:

Perfect is the unicorn it does not exist.

Peanut

Control Rider
Meat;286575 wrote: This was Sunday:

So, it was known that CMP was cancelled back then. We got emails yesterday telling is it was cancelled. That is the lack of communication that the OP was probably referring to.
I may be stepping in this at the wrong time but I just want to say 1 thing. The chain of communication got mixed up when the track told a member (sorry didn't look back at who) that the event was cancelled.

As Ruhe & John have said if it was able to be savaged then all attempts were made to do that. At that point it was determined that the event could not be held is when the email went out.

It's unfortunate that the info came from a different source before all efforts had be exhausted but that's what happened. TPM has had a few simular issues with events, and had to put out alerts to save those events from being cancelled, even waiting until the last minute when they needed to see if they could hold the event. This is the first time this year NESBA has had to do anything like that.

The bigger picture is the fact that any consideration from an organization to possibly cancelling an event is too bad. Shows where the industry is. Times are tight. But it's a lose-lose no matter what you do: If you do it too early and it could be savaged, you made a mistake. If you wait too late that pisses people off. If you communicate that you have to consider cancelling that will create a shit storm for obvious reasons. Oh & if you wait too late or don't do you're homework and get hit with whatever charges or fees from the track and maybe not be able to hold a future event on the schedule, that wouldn't work either.

All that to say Ruhe is right. Email that the event was cancelled was sent 4 days out after coming off 2 back to back weekends + Summit on Monday. With the way info gets out so quickly nowadays I'm sure the club will adjust. But there has been alot of good as well gents. Don't forget the credits that are given when there are issues & how easy that is, the meet & greets, the incredible fundraiser & the effort to get more airfence, member lead efforts to make the newbie experience better + the beginner classroom stuff. Oh and from what I can see a good member package. All that just over the last year or so in a tough climate to do anything on a bike @ the track.

Just sayin....:)