Congrats 5Axis and HotWings! Cherry Pickin' A group racers

gkotlin

They went out and got their WERA licenses!

Of course they proceeded to put the provisional shirts on the podium, in the rain!

Nice job guys!

Any other Nesbian's out there this weekend? Post up how it went!

hotwings

Thanks... It was a good weekend. Race School / mock race on Sat, then did LWT Twins SS on Sunday in the rain. Pirelli Rains are awesome... I took second. Got my first racing wood...

dlockhart5x

Chris aka RK97 was representing as well.

It was a good weekend learning new things.
The years with NESBA and all the help from countless CRs made the riding part pretty easy.

Special thanks to Ma Drucker for help the very first day.
And Tom Larson who towed me to that "lightbulb" moment, where I was able to say hey I can do this.

If anyone else is contemplating coming out, the only skill that NESBA does not prepare you for is starts. It is probably a good idea to do a few launches from hot pit when you get a chance. Ask Hotwings about his mock- race launch LOL

Got to get ready for Grattan next

Hitman954

dlockhart5x;187372 wrote: Ask Hotwings about his mock- race launch LOL
so fill us in LOL!! I went to Jennings a couple years ago and on Sunday they had a mock race after lunch. I was riding a friends bike and got to excited on the start. Killed it and then rode a screaming 12clock wheelie for a bit before setting it down for turn one. Everyone got a great kick out of it. Scared the crap outta me though. Thought I was gonna crash his bike. I even have pictures that will put you in tears.

rk97

Unless I can find someone to split gas with to Blackhawk on 6/11, I'll see all the Mid Atlantic folks at BeaveRun that weekend, and the be back the next for the WERA round.

I assume some other NESBA folks will do the same. Looking forward to seeing everyone both weekends :D

dlockhart5x

rk97;188535 wrote: Unless I can find someone to split gas with to Blackhawk on 6/11, I'll see all the Mid Atlantic folks at BeaveRun that weekend, and the be back the next for the WERA round.

I assume some other NESBA folks will do the same. Looking forward to seeing everyone both weekends :D

Hey Chris you coming to the michigan rounds? If not we will catch up at the Bev

It looks like another weekend on rains at grattan.

The pirelli rains are looking like like a great buy so far this season

I may eventually get good at riding in the wet stuff if this keeps up.

rk97

No Grattan for me :( really want to learn that track, too...

I was supposed to ride Nelson again on Saturday, but my summer class starts Saturday morning. I had thought it started Monday night.

I'm still holding out hope that our Sunday plans fall through and i can sneak up that way Saturday afternoon to race Sunday, but that's not a likely scenario. See you at Beave for sure though.