Congrats Nate (smoove)

Not only did he bring the Gu LE (2008 BHF raffle bike......2001 gsxr 600 srad John Gu Limited Edition) back from the dead, he EARNED the :i: bump on it! Well deserved my friend. Smooth and consistant without horsepower.

gkotlin

Congrats is right. He was tearing up the B group and didn't even know it.

He asked if I'd ride with him. He made me work on that little SV! Nice riding. I was convinced he was ready. He just needed some time to come to the same conclusion :)

Good job!

steve p

Hold on to the John Gu limited edition bike. That is going to be a collectors item. Congrats on the bump.

smoove

Thanks guys! I have much to learn, and am grateful for the guidance I have received. Jaren helped me start this addiction and I don't think I could stop if I wanted.

I want to give my brother, David, congratulations for his bump into I group at BHF this weekend also.

The GU bike surprised me this weekend! I had some problems Saturday and had NO top end. I dug through the carbs Sunday morning and ended up holding up the entire B group for the first lap of the first session (sorry for anyone that was behind me). I figured out what I had done wrong, corrected it, and ended up picking up the front wheel coming out of 7 the second session. That bike was a big ball of problems when I got it and after many hours in the garage it runs and feels great. I was planning on putting together a nice set of bodywork for it, but I think I'll leave it ugly as a reminder of the countless hours I have into it.

Looking forward to Putnam this weekend!
"I" #811 GU LE

gkotlin

They will rebuild him.
They have the technology.

He got tossed pretty good in 5. Broken collar bone. That or he just has a funny pointy shoulder no one ever noticed. He's probably getting it fixed today! I told him if they pin and epoxy it, he could ride next week! No downtime. He liked that idea. He was in good spirits on the ride home and wasn't hurting to much. He's a tough guy.

Heal up soon Nate and get back out there!

dlockhart5x

I hope Nate chimes in soon. (or Jarren with a update)
He had a good blend of spirits in him after the BWW stop with the gang.

749scott

I know Nate had had surgery yesterday on his collar bone. Beyond that I have not heard more......although I'm sure Jaren knows more :dunno:

Trent1098S

C'mon Nate, I know for a fact you can type with one hand, even on drugs. Don't ask me how.

Where's the X-Ray post at man! We want to see how they've made you better, faster, stronger...

:)

Heal up quick dude.

Surgery yesterday.....1 plate and 6 screws. Good spirits, still feeling good last night with the nerve block. Already eating and wanting to help me with my bike. Weight bearing (read: riding) in 6 weeks. I'm pretty sure the surgeon threw some safety wire and locktight in there too.

dlockhart5x

jaren warren;133883 wrote: Surgery yesterday.....1 plate and 6 screws. I'm pretty sure the surgeon threw some safety wire and locktight in there too.
That is the hot set-up for fast guys :haha: :D and us not so fast guys too.