CR down in 12

machdw69

Damn, hope your o.k. Troy! I now you had a bad one in 2008 as well. Get better soon man, we need you out there!

slowpoke

Troy - you're an animal! couldn't believe you were walking on it after the surgery, and i wasn't surprised that you wanted to show us how fast you were with you're new walker...go figure.

heal up quick b/c it won't be the same without you and Laurie at the track.

Dave561

Control Rider
slowpoke;118349 wrote: Troy - you're an animal! couldn't believe you were walking on it after the surgery, and i wasn't surprised that you wanted to show us how fast you were with you're new walker...go figure.

heal up quick b/c it won't be the same without you and Laurie at the track.
Pretty amazing what a steel rod and a few pins can do. If Laurie needs a ride to the track we can pick her up. She always was the better half of the team. :poorguy:

chiconwheels

Hey all! This is Laurie, Troy's wife.
Troy crashed at the apx of the turn going onto the straight. He thinks it lost the backend and then highsided him. He knew his leg was broken before he was launched, and then ended up about 100 ft away I think. He said he was going about 120. He was out in my group coaching.

Troy had a compound tib fracture and multiple fib fractures. He also smashed his finger. He had surgery on Saturday night and it went great. The surgical staff was awesome and the nurses too! Well except for the one who raised his ankle for the xray without supporting his leg. She and I almost had a chat. Troy has a rod in the tibia and pins in his finger. He will be having another surgery today to flush out the wound because of bacteria aand infection. The bone was exposed for a length of six hours and there is a risk of that. I will keep you posted later today.

I want to say thanks to everyone for the support and friendship. When we were at the track, so many people helped in so many ways. Troy and I have had some crashes through the years, but to stand that far away and see him in so much pain and not know what is going on is undescribable. Thanks to Will and all for not letting me be alone. It all happened so fast and I am not sure who was all around me, but thank you. My bike was taken back and all was packed up. Saturday was a long night for us. When I went to the camper yesterday to get stuff and move the camper there was soooo much help and support as there is on this thread ..THANK YOU!!!!!! Our kids are home and my family asked how we are and if we needed them to come up to help and I told them what a great nesba family we have and it would be best for the boysto be home for now.

One last shout out to the EMT crew at NJ. You did a great job with the situation. They tried so hard to be quick to evaluate the situation to ssee how he would be transported and see if the foot had a pulse. Getting that boot off was trying because it moved the foot that wasn't attached by bone...hence the screams... but to end that Troy went away in his style waving goodbye and thanks with the finger. The support and applause helped him.

I will read all of your posts to him when he wakes up.

Take care all!!!!!! We are very blessed and lucky
Laurie

++++ after rereading this sorry I rambled on and am so mushy

NoBull

I was shocked and saddened on Saturday to hear that. That was the only blemish on an otherwise perfect weekend.

I hope you heal up quick and fully, Troy.

Laurie, thanks for the update. It's good to hear Troy is doing OK under the circumstances.

drew231506;118251 wrote: What!? Really? I didnt hear this.

My buddy Jeff went down just before the bridge....tank slapper coming out of the kink tossed him. It could have been much worse.

Heal up Troy...might give you a call now.
I saw the aftermath of that coming in on the red flag. Seeing the bike over there in the haybales under the bridge was no fun, but then I saw the guy standing over there too and he looked OK. I later heard he was uninjured. Big relief. He was rolling pretty good out there too.

Fastguy

Laurie,

Thanks for the update on Troy's condition. Please be sure to tell Landshark ;) that I'm sorry to hear about his incident and that he needs to get well because we need his tutelage at the track. :D

I'm also glad to hear that you and the rest of your family is doing well after this traumatic event.

fitz

Didn't you get the memo? You're supposed to wait to the END of the season to do something like this.

Speedy recovery Troy!

Jiggy

Control Rider
I leave you alone for one weekend and you go and do this?

I have no doubt you'll be back by July. Speedy recovery brotha.