Crash injury update

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Just a quick update for everyone. After some major runaround I finally have a straight answer about my shoulder. It's going to need surgery. A piece of bone about the size of a dime has broken off the back off the shoulder socket. Unfortunately the operation is very extensive and requires the entire muscle is peeled up off the shoulder to get to the bone. Dr Eglseder from University of Maryland Shock Trauma is doing the 5 hour procedure. I'm going in 6am Tuesday morning. I'll have Greg, Brian, or Borislav post updates after surgery. Also going to try & get the Dr to take pictures. I hope to be moving around well enough to visit the Oct lightning days.
If there is anyone on the fence about riding any days the rest of the year just remember I can't & it's KILLING ME!
Thanks in advance for your well wishes. Be safe out there.

prplppleatr239

I had a similar surgery when I was younger. You'll need to take it easy for a bit afterwards, but otherwise it shouldn't be that bad. Make sure they give you some good drugs.

Not sure how you feel about scars, but mine is rather large. About 2 1/2 inches long and 3/8 wide. Haven't had any issues with the shoulder since though.

Hope you heal up quick!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Hope the surgery goes well and your recovery is quick. We miss you Busdy!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Wish you the best... hope you can visit us at Lightning.

The pits will be missing you until you get back.

Greg ZX6R

Since Bo hasn't posted, here's an update: Stevo is out of surgery and it went well, aside from some cartilage deterioration due to the delay in surgery. Looks like 6 to 8 weeks recovery before he can even begin physical therapy. Will update more as info comes in.

smorourke

Steve - Darren has the parts we talked about so hopefully that helps. Best of luck for the surgery and hope to see you out there soon.