Cycle World of Cherry Hill, NJ Closed

barry38

I worked in the motorycle business for over 10 years. I was layed off two and a half years ago from my position as service manager at a multi-line import dealer. Despite the fact that things are getting better, the powersports business will continue to struggle for some time to come, and it will take a long time to get back to the levels they were at in 2008.

All I can ask is that you support you local dealers, or you too may find yourself without a dealership in your area.

kawatippi

I loved CW of CH....bought 3 bikes from them. This past fall my wife picked up a cbr 600rr from Mikes Famous Planet Honda. A month later we stop by to get her some dirt bike gear and the place was out of business. Sad seeing these dealers go down.

bond7

I bought my ZX10 from them. I'm very happy with the bike, sad that they're going out of business.

:-(

ZeroBahamutxRR

Maybe not as much as before the economy took a crap, but even before many people I know would use the various sites on the Internet to purchase gear, accessories, parts, etc. With the advent of many DIY manuals and web sites out there have helped people do more repairs on their bikes then taking the bike into the dealership to have work done. I know the whole "stealership" mentality, I work on cars for a living and deal with situations like that and have many friends that work at dealerships, but when overall vehicle sales fall these businesses rely on the repair and parts departments to carry them. Some times paying someone for their expertise and knowledge is worth it. I remember when I was first setting my bikes suspension up for the track and my dad wanted to get all the tools and books and learn how to do it ourselves. I didn't disagree with learning how the system worked and how to make adjustments here and there but I persisted that we take it to a pro and have them do the initial set up. In the time that it took Ron (from cycle works) to set the bike up, my dad would have just finished the one page intro in the book...
This rough economy has forced the local dealers and independent guys become more competitive toward their Internet foes. So next time you are about to submit an online sale, give your local guys a chance. Most of the time I've seen little difference in price once shipping is factored in. Plus that online tech support might be fast and convenient, but can you bring the parts and bike to them and have them show you physically how to put them on? On that same note, your local guy will be even less happy when you bring an internet mix up issue to them to figure out...

Support your local guys or they will not be there to support you.

chantaniy

Cycle World of Cherry Hill, NJ Closed

Hey, i really like your post that you provides a great tip to sell any thing online and how can we give a chance to our local guys. I must say that keep on sharing this kind of information.

hank

chantaniy;270819 wrote: Hey, i really like your posr that you provides a great tip to sell any thign online and how can we give a chnace to our local guys. I must sayt that keep on sharing this kind of information.
Oh look - SPAM!!!!
:meatball: