D616's

Hotbrakes

I have always been fascinated by their aggressive profile but have heard little more. They appear to resemble rains with a street compound. Would they be a practical alternative to rains that perform well in the wet/damp/dry conditions encountered at the race track? And affordable to be replaced annually and switched out for street use in lieu of full on expensive rains. Sure rains are the way to go but as I've seen, half the field could be on rains while the other half is on slicks in the same "wet" race. Seems like an aggressive street tire would fit the bill.

DUNLOP-RTS

Hotbrakes;219140 wrote: I have always been fascinated by their aggressive profile but have heard little more. They appear to resemble rains with a street compound. Would they be a practical alternative to rains that perform well in the wet/damp/dry conditions encountered at the race track? And affordable to be replaced annually and switched out for street use in lieu of full on expensive rains. Sure rains are the way to go but as I've seen, half the field could be on rains while the other half is on slicks in the same "wet" race. Seems like an aggressive street tire would fit the bill.
Do you want my honest opinion?

Hotbrakes

DUNLOP-RTS;219879 wrote: Do you want my honest opinion?
Tell me lies!

The D616 is a street tire, the Q2 is an aggressive street tire. Street tires are decent in the wet. Rains are amazing in the wet.

So are D616's a decent tire for a decent rider to use in damp conditions versus rains or DOT's?

DUNLOP-RTS

BTW: if you are trying to save $ on a set of rains. I have a couple of sets of used rains in very good condition. $200 for the set. Perfect for the track day rider that wants to save $ and have a wet solution in his trailer.

PM me if interested.