Damn I'm old!!!!!!!!!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I just happened across a video from almost 10 years ago that I made after the 2008 season.
There are some familiar people in this video who are still around and some that went down a different road.

A couple highlights:

Nelson Ledges (Haven't been back since)
Summit Jefferson (My first track that hooked me in)
Brand new pavement at NJMP (OOOOHHHH it was so smooth)
Good old "BeaveRun" (I never got my :59!)

Those of you that have been around a while, can you name some of the people that made Nesba
great back in the day? There are quite a few in there that I really miss riding with and hanging
out in the pits. Still, there are quite a few that are still around. That was some good times!

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
It’s cool how you started the video with some mistakes. Being “new guy” who is still learning the basics it’s hard for me to imagine you and others that frequent the track making mistakes. I have only ever known you as someone who always knew what they were doing.

bmart

Control Rider
Nice video! I don't recognize any of the NESBA guys. It is really something how proper/preferred body position has changed over the years!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
The last guy riding at the end of the video was a fast rider named Drew Harbuck. He was the first and only person I have seen personally to drag an elbow. His body position was fantastic back then and probably mirrored what they are doing today. Someone like Rob C. could use this as a before and after for YCRS.

chrisplm

Chris
I wasn't riding at Beaverun back then, but I recognize one person at 7:02....
Blue R1 with R6 Sticker-Check...
Red and white Technic leathers- Check..
Passing you up the inside followed by a wheelie, just because--Double Check!!
That would have to be Buck Miller:like:

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I wasn't riding at Beaverun back then, but I recognize one person at 7:02....
Blue R1 with R6 Sticker-Check...
Red and white Technic leathers- Check..
Passing you up the inside followed by a wheelie, just because--Double Check!!
That would have to be Buck Miller:like:

You are correct! You get a cookie the next time I see you! Yeah, I had to go a give him shit about the wheelie after that session. Passing me is one thing, but exiting the corner with a wheelie is something totally uncalled for! :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Good times! I was around back then, but that was Advanced Group, I was in Intermediate then!
I remember Drew (and Katie) and miss them and Buck.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I old too but I wasn't riding on the track back then. So who was doing the filming? Seems like they had a slight equilibrium problem. :D

I have 2 questions for all you old folks. How old were you when you started doing track days? What were stagecoaches like?:rofl:

Lenny, thanks for answering my first question. I think Jim thought that was me being funny or being an jerk. I understand his confusion, being funny/being a jerk it’s a gray area. ;) The reason I asked was because I’m about to turn 40 and I noticed my eyesight wasn’t as good. Then I started to have a freak out moment when I thought about developing my track skills. So I was curious to know when people started to see if I had a chance to get as good as they are.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Lenny, thanks for answering my first question. I think Jim thought that was me being funny or being an jerk. I understand his confusion, being funny/being a jerk it’s a gray area. ;) The reason I asked was because I’m about to turn 40 and I noticed my eyesight wasn’t as good. Then I started to have a freak out moment when I thought about developing my track skills. So I was curious to know when people started to see if I had a chance to get as good as they are.

Mike, though I had raced MX decades ago, bought my first new street bike in 1979 and had been on the track with cars for years, I was well into my 50s the first time I took a bike onto the track. If at over 50 I can start as a Novice, work my way through I and then Advanced, and be lucky enough for people with bad judgement to make me a control rider - you've got it EASY at your age. Relax, learn from the folks around you, and wear contacts :) You'll be just fine.