Daytona XR1200 race

dpullen

Awesome job, Matt! Despite a BIG crash in practice, he finished just behind Mr. Daytona (Scott Russell) on his B bike. With a broken hand. And a busted up knee. :adore:

I just wish they would televise that race!

pearsonm

dpullen;176853 wrote: I just wish they would televise that race!
Me too! Matt has taken pity on me and tried to help me with my riding every summer when I show up at Barber so I’d love to cheer for him. Plus, I dig those hot rod Sportsters.

Give ‘em hell, Matt!

dpullen

jcrich;176858 wrote: Oh damn, the live timing showed it as a mechanical not a crash. Well done bud!
Yes, mechanical as in his bike was busted up after the crash. Fortunately he fared better than the bike did. High siding any bike is bad, but a big hunk of iron like that is something else entirely...

buellucifer9s

thanks gang! I didnt know it said mechanical.. I guess cause the red flag wasnt out that they didnt say crashed out.? Daytona was a blast! Been going there to watch races for years (since I was in 4th grade) but to actually be on the other side was A LOT of FUN! The race was a bit tasking but it wasn't really the injuries that kept me back (well the right turns really hurt) but the b bike had a short in the gauge so I didnt have a tach. Which really isnt that important on those bikes except for the starts, which kept me from getting a great start, but I felt I was able to get my bearings around it and just race. After getting around a couple of guys it left me by my lonesome, which is alright except when the people you are trying to catch up with are using each others draft. Overall great times and thanks for the cheers! I had the biggest grin everytime I rode up on those high-banks.

buellucifer9s

BigBird;177608 wrote: Congrats on participating Matt!

BTW that has to be one of the longest signatures on here :meatball:
haha i was thinking of adding a few more lines

From what I saw of the laptimes the race was pretty close. Kyle rode his @ss off! Congrats for sure

JRA

buellucifer9s;177660 wrote: haha i was thinking of adding a few more lines

From what I saw of the laptimes the race was pretty close. Kyle rode his @ss off! Congrats for sure
Get that hand better and come and ride with us. I know all those AMA guys are cool and stuff, but given the choice between them and NESBA... no brainer dude!

Congratulations Matt! Nope to see you soon.