Decent place to stay for NJMP Track days?

Looking for something close to the track to stay for 2 nights in May for my track-days. Where is a good hotel that has decent rates close to the track? Give me some idea where you guys stay when you go for 2 track-days. Thanks Scott

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I like the Fairfield inn & Suites, Bluebird Lane, Millville- Newer hotel, clean, breakfast included. I have also stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites, 1701 N. Second St., Millville- older hotel, still pretty decent, breakfast included.

Others I haven't stayed at but hear good things are the Holiday Inn Express in Vineland and the Country Inn in Millville.

There are also the VIP Suites in the Thunderbolt paddock.

There are definitely some to avoid, like the Days Inn, Econo Lodge, and the NJ Motor sports Inn.

Myers

Control Rider
If you can figure out a way to stay overnight at the track I would recommend it. A large part of the track experience is the atmosphere and gatherings in the paddock after a fun day of riding. If you want a room contact NJMP for their VIP rooms that also come with garage space should you select it. Otherwise Judy's review is spot on.

moman

We always stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites. Tell them you are coming to track and they give room discount. Indoor pool and hot tub which is nice to soak in after long day at track.

Thanks for all the advice!!!! I will look into the Fairfield inn and also check with staying at the track, but that is probably big $$$$$...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
scotman623;n593601 wrote: Thanks for all the advice!!!! I will look into the Fairfield inn and also check with staying at the track, but that is probably big $$$$$...
Can't go wrong with the Fairfield, it's my favorite.

Depending on the night, the VIP suites aren't unreasonable. Looks like Sun-Thurs is $99 and Fri/Sat is $115. They may increase later in the season, and there's only 20 rooms, so they go quickly. Have to book them early. There is an extra charge if you want a garage, it isn't included with the room price.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
raylee;n593603 wrote: You guys recall how much Fairfield charges for their rooms?
It varies by the day of the week, time of the season, if you have AAA, etc. Best to check their website. Even better to call and tell them you're staying at the track and see what the discount is. I have no idea of the track discount amount.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I customarily stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It's recently renovated, so everything's pretty new.
Myers has a good point about the experience of sleeping in the paddock. I've been doing it a lot more now. But at NJMP (especially when it's Africa-hot) it can be nice to get some AC at night. Oh and get away from the f*(*&&ing flies. Sooooo many flies at NJMP.

vzhulin

Quality Inn & Suites. 5 min drive from the track, right in Millville, walking distance to restaurants. $60 per night ($70 with all the taxes). Clean and comfy... Can't beat it if you ask me.

withoutequal

Hampton Inn vineland has never done me wrong. I usually roll with a few guys, and they have been very accommodating with rollaways and extra stuff. Free breakfast in the morning too. I'm biased though, because i'm a hilton honors members, so i try to stay with them for the points!

2134 W Landis Ave, Vineland, NJ 08360
(856) 405-0600

Next question, Anyone going to NJMP May 17-18TH and want to split a room? Let me know, I will book it and pay for it and you can just throw me a few bucks...Scott

mike574

The suits on top of the grages is also very good if you can book a room. Nothing better then being able to wake up at the track and go straight through tech

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
mike574;n593762 wrote: The suits on top of the grages is also very good if you can book a room. Nothing better then being able to wake up at the track and go straight through tech
Totally agree! To clarify, these rooms above the garages are the "VIP Suites" I'd mentioned. Thanks for the clarification that these are the ones above the garages in the Thunderbolt paddock.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I camped at the track for the first time ever last weekend, I won't get another hotel room again…....:agree:

vinny337;n594205 wrote: You have a very nice trailer you can hook up for camping...:cheers:
VERY TRUE!! I did not know you could camp at NJMP? How much did they charge you to camp? Do a lot of people camp out for track days? I think I will go buy a folding cot this week...THANKS VINNY.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Not a problem…Yes, you can camp at the track I'm not sure of the cost though, you may want to check the NJMP website. Hopefully some seasoned campers can chime in…

LesPow

Control Rider
Camping fees last year was $10.00 for a tent. Electricity $20-$30...
They also have showers and bathrooms. Bring a cooler with all your food and drinks. I would also recommend an air mattress, sleeping bags or blankets. Good to go.