Dennis is OK

ADVRacer

For those that don't know, Dennis (Denbesteph) crashed in the final "A" Group session on Sunday. All the intel points to a false neutral leading to a thrown chain coming in to turn nine (High speed section). I spoke with his wife later in the evening and heard he had a broken scapula and they were still checking him out for ribs. He's going to be pretty sore for a while, he tumble for a quite a ways. If I know Dennis (and I do), we'll probably hear from him today. They've probably given him some good drugs so don't be too harsh on him if he misspells half of his words.
I'd like to thank everyone for their concern and assistance packing up after the crash. It's amazing the way this club comes together to help each other. We said it several times this weekend, "Riding is only half the reason we come to the track", you guys are all like family. Thanks again for the help.

Peanut

Control Rider
Good to hear! Keep the updates flowing, & let him know we are thinking about him. I'm sure as soon as he's able some lively board post are to come! :)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
ADVRacer;289393 wrote: For those that don't know, Dennis (Denbesteph) crashed in the final "A" Group session on Sunday. All the intel points to a false neutral leading to a thrown chain coming in to turn nine (High speed section). I spoke with his wife later in the evening and heard he had a broken scapula and they were still checking him out for ribs. He's going to be pretty sore for a while, he tumble for a quite a ways. If I know Dennis (and I do), we'll probably hear from him today. They've probably given him some good drugs so don't be too harsh on him if he misspells half of his words.
I'd like to thank everyone for their concern and assistance packing up after the crash. It's amazing the way this club comes together to help each other. We said it several times this weekend, "Riding is only half the reason we come to the track", you guys are all like family. Thanks again for the help.
Damn Dennis, one of the few weekends I don't ride both days and you go ahead and pull this stunt! :D

Heal up soon man! We'll be hoping for the best for your recovery.

What all does the bike need?

Godfather

Damn Boy!

Dennis,

You just couldn't leave good enough alone could you? You had to wait until the LAST SESSION of the weekend to throw your $#!T down the track!:D

Well, your A Group Indoc is complete! First A Group crash so now your good! If the weather is good next weekend Scott and I will ride out to see you.

Take care my brother!

2ndChapter

Ugh.... Sorry to hear. Anyone know specifics as to where he live? Anything we can do to help him and or family?

ADVRacer

Dennis has a couple of Sicilian Racing groupies that live real close by so I think the support is covered. We'll all start discussing getting his bike fixed soon. I read a text after my firt post and saw he also boke some ribs. Been there, done that, it ain't fun. We'll get him and his bike put back together and on the track in no time.

mjkuhno

Damn Dennis - I leave for the day and you gotta pull this stunt eh?

Hope you're feeling well bro.

I did some work on my garage on Sunday (after a year in the house finally getting organized and finding room for stuff) - so I should have room for your bike in there for the repairs. We'll figure it out.

I have stuff I have to do on Saturday, but assuming Dennis is up to it we can start the tear down/repair on Sunday.

Of course, if 'the crew' gets together this weekend it might be too early; maybe we need to let Dennis' ribs heal a little bit before we all start cracking ourselves up and laughing too hard like the knuckleheads we are!?

denbsteph

Fellow NESBIANS,

This is Stephanie(Dennis wife), I am here in the hospital with him he has 8 fractures ribs, right lung bruised and right shoulder blade is fractured. Dennis Originally started off at halifax county. Then at about midnight they moved him to Wake med north in raleigh. He was taken in to the trauma center due to the extent of the injuries. He is currently on percocet and hopefully he will be going home tomorrow.

ADVracer is correct concerning the false neutral and the chain coming off. Dennis says he remembers dreaming for a little bit and waking up just in time to see Ben walter from army of darkness giving him the thumbs up for which Dennis returned the thumbs up.

Dennis says all in all it was a great weekend. And thanks to all of the NESBIANS who helped pack his stuff up. Dennis wishes to thank Mr. Sam True for coming out to check on him. He thinks he remembers Peanut coming out if so THANKS MAN HE APPRECIATES IT!!!!! We will keep you updated once he returns back to the house.

Stephanie

noobinacan

Stephanie...thanks for the update
Didn't want to read/hear this at all and glad he's on the mend.
Will keep him in thoughts and hopeful recovery will be quick.

gursesl

You're a tough nut

Dennis, you're one tough nut, so I fully expect a speedy recovery and you getting back to riding within no time. Sorry for what happened but things like this happen. I've heard you were doing awesome all weekend long. Keep it up, man!

bmrboy

Dennis heal-up quickly ... we all know your head is made of concrete ....... :agree:
You'll be in my thoughts ,take care Brother ....

Peanut

Control Rider
Thanks for the update & going home sounds great! Ribs are no fun but as it's been said he's a tough one! :) Percocet about now gets a big thumbs up! ;)

mjkuhno

Hey Everyone.

Saw Dennis in the hospital this morning and he's doing well; being discharged today.

A few ribs and the scapula - pain meds working their magic. The PA said they didn't see any rocks in his head, just air - so apparently everything is normal there too.

As anyone who knows Dennis would expect, he was in good spirits and joking around a bit.

We'll be taking a look at his bike in the next week or so. Not sure if Dennis is still going to be able to ride at Barber, but in the off chance that he can pull it off, if anyone has spares they wouldn't mind offering I'm sure he'd appreciate it.