Dirty Bikes round 2 & 3

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Ok, so it won't be 54 degrees like last weekend but hell, we have the days off so lets roll again.

Thursday New Years Day - 10am - Dark

Sunday Jan 4th - 10am - Dark

Anyone welcome with a dirt bike, quad, side by side, dual sport, hell, throw some knobies on that SV sitting in the garage. We had a 7 or 8 kids join us last time and from the looks I saw, they all had fun (Including Jiggy).

Text me and I will give you the address. 717278zero211

John

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
anyone familiar with the TTR125? I can't bike to idle.
Hey Emerson, I have had 2 TTRs. If they sit for too long with fuel in the carb the jets will clog pretty easy. Does it start and run on full choke? If so, you just need to pull the carb, take it apart and blow some compressed air through all the small passages. Make sure you remove the jets as well and do the same. If the fuel was really bad, you may need to soak the carb.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I cleaned the carb, bike wouldn't start before i did. It has new fuel, it runs just seems like the idle is to low. I've messed with the idle screw but nothing happens.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Stock jetting on the ttr is pretty crappy. You can buy a kit that helps it idle much better as well as get a bit better throttle response. Will it hold an idle? Will it hold an idle after you rev it?

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
It won't hold an idle at all. It won't even stay running while the choke is on

damiankelly

new plug? and how is the air filter? Just askin'!
Has all stock jets and carb/ pipe?
I know this is obvious but you gotta really clean the carb if it sat....fun project!!

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
I agrer with damiankelly. Gotta strip that carb down to its bare bones and really clean it out. It's a single carb and very simple. Best thing to do would be to run it through a ultrasonic parts cleaner. It's really not that tough of a job. I have done it so many times I can do it blindfolded. Too bad you don't live closer or I could give you a hand.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
I have heard guys boil them too!
I've tried this too and unfortunately didn't have much luck. Also had to buy the wife a new canning pot :D Ended up buying a cheap ultrasonic cleaner from Harbor Freight. A bit of Simple Green and water solution and a few cycles through the cleaner and the carb comes out looking and working like new. Something about the combination of sonic cleaning, heat, and the degreasing agent in simple green that works really well.

damiankelly

Nice AJ ---guess what I am going to buy at harbor freight tomorrow? --
Ultrasonic Cleaner
OK Now---- back to riding on Sunday!!

Last edited: