Dogs at SE Events

Mr.DJ

For 2010, Dogs are allowed at all SE event EXCEPT Barber

After many conversations with some tracks, we can continue bringing the extended family to most venues. However, I will append the rules to say "Well Socialized" dogs.

Well-socialized dogs are welcome at all NESBA Southeast region events; however, the following rules must be followed by each and every dog owner with well-socialized dog in tow.

1. All dogs must be on-leash or in a pet carrier at all times when outside of the owner’s trailer, RV, etc.

2. All dogs outside the owner’s trailer, RV, etc., must be supervised by a responsible adult. No dog is to be left tied up outside at any time without a responsible adult watching it. Dogs can break leashes, ropes, and chains given the proper incentive. Also, dogs can slip out of their collars. If a dog were to break free, it might result in injury to the dog or to a human.

3. Please do not allow your dog to use the paddock as its bathroom. Take the dog to a grassy area to pee and poop.

4. All dog poop is to be picked up immediately by the owner! Walmart bags are great for picking up dog poop. Bring bags with you to the track or ask other members for one.

These rules must be followed or we may find ourselves in a dog ban. Dogs are NOT allowed at Barber events.
This includes your RV, car, trailers etc. If you are found to have a dog at Barber, you will be asked to leave Barber grounds until resolved. “Helper” Dogs are allowed if required by family members.

If you do not know how your dog will react to motorcycles, other dogs, or children, your dog is not WELL SOCIALIZED. Do NOT bring a dog that doesn’t like motorcycles, other dogs, or children to any NESBA event.

Barber has already posted their ruling here:
http://www.barbermotorsports.com/faqs.php

"Are dogs allowed?

* No pets allowed on facility grounds except those required to assist handicapped individuals."

Lets not make this list any longer. I like bring my two female Dobes to the track - I kind feel like "Jack Tripper" :)

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
MAverick says thanks!

Maverick462009-02.jpg

Titus is excited as well

CIMG2788.jpg

JohnS

Buddy and Sadie are very happy about this, and so am I. This makes life so much easier. Thank you!

Stuff001.jpg

D-Swens

OH HELLLLL YEAH!!! ...a serious thanks to whoever helped make that happen, it will make my life a lot easier durring the season.

"The Dude" says a big thanks as well...

DSC00004.jpg

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
JohnS;101496 wrote: Buddy and Sadie are very happy about this, and so am I. This makes life so much easier. Thank you!

Stuff001.jpg
for some reason...i do not think that aircompressor will hold that one pup anywhere...

Ruhe52

Dude is that why you have not given me that box code and card number you are getting SAT tv from those dogs ears?

As you can see mine are overjoyed that they can come to the track with me...:D

DSC_0053.jpg

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Dumb Suggestion?

I'm going to toss this out for an idea.

Even though Wal-Mart bags are GREAT for cleaning up the fresh, warm, often aromatic Tootsie Rolls our beloved 4 legged friends make....would it be a dumb idea for the NESBA regions to have official NESBA cleanup devices (aka poop scoops) at each event for use by members?

I'll donate some cash, or go to PetsMart to buy a couple to donate if it's a good idea, and that's what it takes to get them.

I feel a little responsible for some of the deposits because I have a box of biscuits in my trailer I use to make our 4-legged friends feel welcome at NESBA events where I'm present.

Mr.DJ

D-Zum;101643 wrote: official NESBA cleanup devices (aka poop scoops) at each event for use by members?
Not a bad idea....

But we already have them. Its called a responsible NESBA Pet Parent. It's at every event across the nation. Hey folks, I don't mind what you use (not my Arai visor) to clean it up. As long as it's done :)

I'm not transporting a used pooper scooper in the camper. LOL

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
No worries Mr. DJ. It was just a thought I figured I'd toss out there for consideration.

slowpoke

Mr.DJ;101450 wrote:
2. All dogs outside the owner’s trailer, RV, etc., must be supervised by a responsible adult.
Good news DJ - Thanks!

Now I just have to find a responsible adult...:banghead:

Mr.DJ

jcrich;101654 wrote: Gabe sez:

picture.php

LOL - Well, you know how fast dogs can turn on ya :)

D-Zum;101688 wrote:
No worries Mr. DJ. It was just a thought I figured I'd toss out there for consideration.
Toss 'em, I'll listen. Thanks!

Mr.DJ

lemondrop;102037 wrote: I need two bags sometime for maverick
I took the wife on a carriage ride one time in Lexington, Ky. I noticed the horses pulling it, have bags hanging right under the tail collecting it. They didn't skip a step. Did you lose Maverick's bag?

I the pic, it looks like he was throwing you the keys back from borrowing the truck. :D