DOT OR SLICKS

StringBean27

I was wondering about general preferences in dots vs slicks. What is the difference in grip level difference between the 211gpa and the american made slicks. Also which llast longer if at all using tire warmers ?

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I take it you’re running Dunlops, there is an American GP211 and UK GP211 (also available is GP212). I've only ran slicks 1 time while trying out some Pirelli Superbike Slicks so I can't really compare. I run the American GP211s and they seem to work for me, as far as the wear, it's going to depend on a lot of particulars, your riding style, weather, track conditions, etc This topic will get you many different comments.

StringBean27

vinny337;n593050 wrote: I take it you’re running Dunlops, there is an American GP211 and UK GP211 (also available is GP212). I've only ran slicks 1 time while trying out some Pirelli Superbike Slicks so I can't really compare. I run the American GP211s and they seem to work for me, as far as the wear, it's going to depend on a lot of particulars, your riding style, weather, track conditions, etc This topic will get you many different comments.
I am running the us dot tires and don't have any issues, but my buddy runs the us made slicks, claiming that the grip feels similar (he has run both dot and slicks) and claims he hears that the slicks will last longer. I understand that various circumstances and condition will have different results, was more or less just asking preferences based on experience. I appreciate your feedback

Mikey75702

I think what Vinny was trying to say is that along with multiple types of tires, you also have multiple compounds in each tire, and which one works best depends a lot on the environmental factors, and bike setup. One day a Medium tire might be best for your bike, and might get you the best wear, but if the track temp changes a little bit you might start tearing them... This might be one of those topics that is best for a tire or suspension vendor, IN PERSON... They will probably be able to look at your tires, and be able to see if you need to make any changes to the bike or tire. My experience is that the Medium 211GPA's have worked pretty well for me in most conditions, ymmv

StringBean27

Ok I gotcha. I was more or less asking if one would last longer than the other but I guess I did not factor in all aspects of the equation. Thanks for your time fellas