Dream Non-Japanese Track Bike?

BonesDT

I wish I was asking this question for serious purchasing reasons, but it's just for fun.

Which new stock non-Japanese sportbike would you choose for the track, with an eye towards a little bling/unique factor? i.e. Ducati, MV Agusta, Aprilia, BMW, etc.

(let's leave the Desmo RR out of this for some fair play!)

drakk0r

Bimota DB7

bimota_db7_1.jpg

dlockhart5x

Aprilia RSV250

A real Aprilia 250 GP bike. In 08 spec they are sub 200 pounds and rumoured to be putting down 125hp at the wheel. I have seen 04's selling for around $60-100K depending on the spares/kit package.

1literduceater

Thunderace;14973 wrote: How about keeping it stateside with the Motoczysz C1:

vegas10.jpg

Dang I have never seen this one before - she's purty! My original choice was the KTM but I may now have to vote for this one.

BonesDT

I was wondering when the Motoczysz was going to come up! It should be banned along with the Desmo RR for fairness.

If you don't know about the revolutionary Motoczysz project, start educating yourself. Czysz is my hero, and despite the lack of vowels, the bike is all American and coming to your local MotoGP to kick some Japanese and Italian ass!

Damn, I forgot about Bimota. I would definately want to cruise down the street in that thing.

BonesDT

dlockhart, if you are not right about to wipe out in your avatar, I want to see the full video of that turn!

xn85turbo

Control Rider
I am suprised you are not thinking the Triumph 675 Daytona. They are awesome in mid range, very light and have great power. The good thing is its the same bike since 06 so yu can find one cheap. Wish I still had mine.

physicistkev

Control Rider
At first I like the Motoczysz but then I realized that he built a 990 motor? MotoGP went to an 800 motor, and they kept going with a 990 motor. The C1 even going to be allowed to compete in MotoGP.

I saw the HDTheater special on it and was really wowed. It was pretty cool, but I had to laugh after it was over and I though to my self, great bike but it will never be allowed in MotoGP. Wrong motor displacement.

Have things changed, since the website still says 990cc I am thinking they have not.

BonesDT

physicistkev;15361 wrote: The C1 even going to be allowed to compete in MotoGP.... great bike but it will never be allowed in MotoGP. Wrong motor displacement.
OMG!!! The rear racing numbers are 1/2 inch smaller than Moto GP specifications call for this year! Making a minor modification to conform to the rules is completely out of the question. Oh, well, there goes tons of patented intuitive technology.

Haha, sorry about that. Anyway, maybe they are smarter than us and predict that when the bike is finished, the Moto GP displacement will be 990.

physicistkev

Control Rider
Uh...

They did run 990 motors in MotoGP, they switched to the 800cc in 2007??????? I was laughing because they designed this bike for MotoGP and didn't have the foresight to talk the sanctioning body about upcoming rule changes. So they designed a bike around a motor that was obsolete before they even finished it.

And displacement is a bit more of a conformity issue than numbers ;). I also don't believe that a motor designed from scratch to be a 990cc would be anything trivial to take down to an 800cc displacement and still be competitive. Unless you know something I don't?

BonesDT

I stand corrected. Alchy was talking last time.

lowering displacement is not trivial, but it shouldn't be tragically difficult either. it would be a shame for all that innovative technology to go to waste because it was designed at the wrong specs to begin with.

physicistkev

Control Rider
No biggie ;)

I was saying the same thing. The bike is revolutionary, but I just don't understand why they didn't follow up with MotoGP? Maybe they did and they have the engine. Or maybe they got the capital to make the 800cc engine. Haven't heard much about it, but they keep getting funding so....