dunlop 209 gpa

jas0336

I personally have gotten much better wear and grip setting them at 20/30 hot off the warmers.
Thats using standard chicken hawks with single temp setting.

sobottka

jas0336;158010 wrote: I personally have gotten much better wear and grip setting them at 20/30 hot off the warmers.
Thats using standard chicken hawks with single temp setting.
generallty the wear improves with higher pressures. maybe your gauge is off

jas0336

sobottka;158025 wrote: generallty the wear improves with higher pressures. maybe your gauge is off
I thought about that....I had a crash on the 209s last year and found out my pressure was way too high coming off the crash truck.
Found out my warmers were not fully coming up to temp even though they showed the green light. So I fixed that bought a new tire gauge and an infrared temp guage...double checked my new pressure gauge against a few others...all was ok (even my old gauge).
Now my routine before pit out includes checking temp a couple times throughout the day to make sure tires are around 160 + or - (coming off warmers) ....along with checking pressure immediately off the track.
I can't explain the tire wear thing....I just played around with it after the crash and 20/30 is wear I ended up with the best results.
I did have Ohlins help with suspension so the pressure alone may not have been the only issue related to tire wear.
I'll probably finish off this set of 209s at Rd A this Sat...I'll see if everything holds true and if so, my plan is to start at 20/30 with NTEC slicks as well. Of course I'm always open to what more experienced riders have to say.