Dunlop's newest edition............

Lonewrench

It should come as NO suprise that the Dunlop dominance continues to march on with Dunlop releasing the latest and greatest front tire called the 5436 Medium +. This tire was tested,tested and re-tested by top AMA and WERA riders to get the best possible feel and durability without the cost of a U.K. tire. The new front delivers as much grip and durabilty as the U.K. front in my opinion. Several AMA riders actually went faster on the U.S. front than the U.K. version stating the tire felt more planted and grip was exceptional.
Performance Cycleworx will continue to bring the best for thier patrons,Road Atlanta is a great place to use and abuse the new Medium + 5436 with the hard braking zones in 10-10A and 12 you are sure to be a winner riding this tire. Racer cost on the tire is the same low 155.00 per tire with FREE mounting and balancing as always.
P.S. Dane Westby (The Wolverine LOVES these fronts!!!)
There is No One that pushes a front tire harder :wow:

In addition to clear up any crossed wires,you can use any N-tec rubber with any N-Tec rubber. For instance U.S. rear with U.K. front slicks with DOT's ect. As long as the tire is New Technology you can use it together with great results. The only tire we carry thats not New Technology is the Dunlop Q2.

Lonewrench

To be honest Ive never heard of that issue. What we have seen is that the medium tire would not go the distance compaired to a UK front and the hard was just to darn hard and didn't give guys the warm and fuzzy's. Dane never used a med tire in the front in 2011,we never used one again since Mid Ohio last year when the hard came out. I think if people gave the tire some set up time and attention they would really like the benefits of the tire. The MED + front is the closest think to a U.K. front,for the record. We tested it back to back with several riders,great ones and they went faster with no more effort on the U.S. tire than the U.K.
The other thing I would add is that the U.K. tire likely wont be around forever and WILL go up in price in my opinion. I think the US rubber is great,there's a reason our DSB guys are going as fast as they are.

kyle m

awesome news for us guys running the UK stuff!! Life will be so much easier with the US rubber being just as good and MUCH cheaper!!!

Mikey75702

Lonewrench;216630 wrote: To be honest Ive never heard of that issue. What we have seen is that the medium tire would not go the distance compaired to a UK front and the hard was just to darn hard and didn't give guys the warm and fuzzy's. Dane never used a med tire in the front in 2011,we never used one again since Mid Ohio last year when the hard came out. I think if people gave the tire some set up time and attention they would really like the benefits of the tire. The MED + front is the closest think to a U.K. front,for the record. We tested it back to back with several riders,great ones and they went faster with no more effort on the U.S. tire than the U.K.
The other thing I would add is that the U.K. tire likely wont be around forever and WILL go up in price in my opinion. I think the US rubber is great,there's a reason our DSB guys are going as fast as they are.
Sorry, I guess i was confused... I heard folks talking about the slip grip of the UK front, and i was thinking this was one of the new front slicks meant to be competitive with the uk tires... But it seems this is a gpa tire compound... So nevermind my question, but i will ask another instead.... Are the us slick fronts out yet? I have seen anything on them.

Lonewrench

No they aren't and it's killing us!!!!!!!!! I spoke to the engineer's at Dunlop this AM they feel maybe around the GNF they will be ready to ship. So I hope to have some for the Barber round. We have tested the ass off of them and they are really great. DJ and John Allen have done some testing for me as well with great results from John,no word from Mr DJ yet :)

stow

Lonewrench;216664 wrote: DJ and John Allen have done some testing for me as well with great results from John,no word from Mr DJ yet :)
DJ has to actually ride a motorcycle in order to give you some feedback. :notsure:

stow

jcrich;216751 wrote: That's going to leave a mark... :D
Yep. I just put a nice big target on my back for DJ to hit. But I consider it a motivational ploy that will get him on the track. Rumor has it he has been sneaking down to that track in Florida to train with Sensei 7-FITTY.

JRA

Lonewrench;216664 wrote: No they aren't and it's killing us!!!!!!!!! I spoke to the engineer's at Dunlop this AM they feel maybe around the GNF they will be ready to ship. So I hope to have some for the Barber round. We have tested the ass off of them and they are really great. DJ and John Allen have done some testing for me as well with great results from John,no word from Mr DJ yet :)
I've been very impressed with the USA tires. So far I have run the USA med. slick front with a USA med. slick rear. I've also run a UK 6680 slick front with a USA soft slick rear. I honestly can't tell the difference between the UK and USA tires. I will say that Soft rear is awesome and I think better than the UK 7704. I've set personal best lap times each time I've used these tires. I don't know what the AMA guys think about these new slicks, but I have no doubt that for club racers and track day guys these are going to be the tires to have.

On one of the days at RA I'm going to try that medium slick front with a UK 6680 rear and see how that goes.

As Chuck mentioned it seems to be no problem to mix them up.

Motofun352

Control Rider
It's getting a little confusing....I tired the Pirelli trackday slicks and couldn't wrap my brain around them. So I went back to the US 211's which are best tires I've used. Now with the new US compounds for both DOTs and slicks coming out I have to choose all over again. I think, for me, either tire will exceed my current capability, so, all things being equal, Which ones will give the better life?
PS I use warmers, used to destroy 209's no matter what I tried. The current set of US 211's have 3 days on them and I would guesstimate them at 30% (rear remaining) and maybe 50% (front remaining).

Lonewrench

It's really not confusing to be honest,there is just a new compound available in the Dunlop 211 GPA family. It's a Med+,if you like what you are running keep using it or try the new front it has more grip than what you are using now and it will be just as durable if not more durable than the current Medium your running in the front now.;)

Mr.DJ

stow;216666 wrote: DJ has to actually ride a motorcycle in order to give you some feedback. :notsure:

IT's ON!! YOU JIVE TURKEY!!!!!

6-16-20104-54-32PM.png

DYNAMITE!!! ...... DYNAMITE!!!

stow

It took you long enough to respond to the thread. I hope it doesn't take you that long to respond on the track. :D :eek:uttahere:

Mr.DJ

stow;217217 wrote: It took you long enough to respond to the thread. I hope it doesn't take you that long to respond on the track. :D :eek:uttahere:

Me to!
Wait for me!!!!

Courtney and Bobby really put it on me at Jennings. The last NESBA event I rode was April RA - Gessh!

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
I'll be able to give some feedback as well, I'll be starting with the Ntec dot front Friday, and plan on trying the GP-A med+ front mid day Saturday in between sessions so I have a good basis on the comparison.

noobinacan

I loved the Bridgestone R10's because they're tall and turn in and transition from left/right etc is very easy.
I have never run slicks, but will the taller profile of slicks have the same effect on handling ?

I'm looking forward to trying a set at Barber.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
R10's are not good tires. From my experience with them, they will give good feed back and grip up to a mid A group pace, but when you begin to push them they just fall short. And they do not wear good.

I tried out the new 5436's and they did not inspire the same confidence as I had in the UK fronts but I found myself pushing them about the same, and trail braking pretty hard with them. it's a different profile tire and needs different suspension setup as to the UK dot. I plan to do some more testing with them and my bike in a couple weeks to get the most out of them. The 5436 also seemed to actually wear better then my 6875 UK dot front ( which is looked upon as THE best front tire in the market right now)

Overall the tire did better then I predicted, I will report back when I get my geometry properly setup and race on them.