Emergency Box for those of us who come alone ?

ett

A couple of years ago. After witnessing the track director trying to cleanup after a crashed friend who drives to the track alone.

I decided on having the following:
I have a plastic storage box I call my "Emergency Box". That I place on the front seat of my pickup.

I put important items in it:
- spare keys (bike and car)
- spare socks, underwear, and shorts.
- my diabetes journal with some medical history
- my glucose meter
- flashlight
- clipboard that has my track/race day papers
- and a few other odds-n-ends

On the outside I have taped:
- a Medic Alert ID card,
- a list of what is in the box,
- my personal information,
- and a list of people to call in case of emergency.

So If I crash real bad and have to be sent to the hospital. This box will make it a little easier for the trackday/race organizers.
I'm also considering adding photos of how everything gets loaded onto my trailer and into the bed of my pickup.

Does anyone else who drives to the track alone; do anything like this ?

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
That's a great start. I've helped a couple of riders that have gone to the hospital after a crash, and sometimes finding their keys/wallet/phone/etc is a PITA. When I go alone, I put my wife's phone number and an additional number on a sticky pad and leave it on my phone, which is always next to my wallet and keys.

Yes, NESBA has emergency contact info, but it sure never hurts to make it easier on the fellow track riders helping out the downed rider.

PATBAROK

that's a great idea! I dont go as far as having a box or photos, but I do have my driver's license, ins card and my emergency contacts on a piece of paper I laminated and I put it in one of the inside pockets of my leathers.
and if i do meet up with a couple of my buddies at the track-i just tell them where I place my truck keys when im on the track...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Great idea. When I'm at the track alone, I tape an emergency contact number to my steering wheel. I try not to go "alone" anymore, meaning, I'm there alone, but good friends are in attendance who know whom to call and where my keys and such are. The box with those items easily accessible is a good idea.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I have something similar to what you have in the event of but we're not going to need it because no one is going to crash to that extent. I'm speaking it!

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
I wear an emergency contact card around my neck with all my information and location of my keys ect. I try to keep everything in 2 bags in my trailer or on the front seat of the truck.

I also let the guy/gal pitted next to me know to grab both bags and give to the ambulance man.

mike574

I just never go alone, I won't go to the track unless I have a least one friend going, b/c even if your taking it easy somthing could alway go wrong. Plus I hate being alone at the track I need people to talk to during the down time.

Domiken

Great idea, I always go with 3 or 4 friends, but the time I went without the guys I brought the wifey so all was good.

I do plan on doing some days alone next year, so I will do what you suggest. Cheers.

beac83

I have ICE entries in my phone, and always turn off the password lock when I'm at the track. Keys/wallet/phone are always in the same places, and friends know where they are.

Luckily, this has never become an issue for me in the last 5 years, but I have thought about it.

Muttley

This is a good idea - I'll be going it mostly alone all next season - fiance in military med-school across the country. That being said, it looks like I'll still need to bum rides/tow's to the tracks, so in theory I won't be -too- alone.

I need more front-yard so I can get some track-transport. Also, winning that transport as opposed to getting another car payment would be nice!