First time track rider help

03bueller

Control Rider
For the first time riders or those who are looking to come to the track but are a little uncertain about exactly what goes into it, what to bring, where to go, who to talk to, or have have other questions and just want a little help getting into the sport. I will be bringing an extra canopy, chairs, and water with me to some events. I can host a person who wants a little bit of help getting going and learning their way around the paddock. If you want to come out and try it out give me a yell and pit with me. Here's a list of the dates I'm planning on going, I will update it if anyone takes me up on my offer.

5/6 Summit
5/7 Summit
5/28 NCBike
5/29 NCBike
7/2 Dominion
7/3 Dominion
7/23 NCBike
7/24 NCBike
8/20 Dominion
8/21 Dominion
9/24 NCBike
9/25 NCBike
10/1 Dominion
10/2 Dominion

Best way to get in touch with me is via Facebook, look up Brian Wendl and shoot me a msg. If you don't do Facebook, shoot me a msg on here and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Brian,

Great post and offer! I'll make the same offer to cover the Pitt Race events, just look for the KTM's and toy hauler.

Tom

03bueller

Control Rider
I would like to do even more, I just don't have the time to make it to RA, Pitt, etc. Though I am contemplating how I can make it down to Barber :)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I would like to do even more, I just don't have the time to make it to RA, Pitt, etc. Though I am contemplating how I can make it down to Barber :)

I gotta wait a few months and find out if I'm going to be moving (again) or staying here for another couple of years. But if I'm staying here, we could possibly link up and ride share on those longer trips if you wanted to. Not sure what kind of hauler you got (I know Brad bought your old trailer), but I've done plenty of trips with my setup. I can haul 4 bikes + pit bike and gear.

03bueller

Control Rider
Just a reminder for anyone newer going to Summit this weekend who would like to near/with someone who's been around the block, give me a shout, if I don't hear anything by Wednesday afternoon I'll assume nobody wants help :)

tdelegram

Control Rider
I'll be there as well if you're intimidated by MAC tools or English bikes. :squid: I just realized the wheelie emoji is orange and black, similar paint scheme to my bike, thanks Rob!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
I'll be there as well if you're intimidated by MAC tools or English bikes. :squid: I just realized the wheelie emoji is orange and black, similar paint scheme to my bike, thanks Rob!
Yeah but you're creepy. LOL!

Thanks guys for offering to share your experience and knowledge with our newbies.

If anyone is new, these guys are awesome (not creepy at all) and can really ease some of your anxiety for your first track day or even the first time at a different track. They can tell you where the cleaner showers can be found, answer any questions about the track (I think Tom can ride Summit blindfolded), as well as pit out and pit in procedures. Each track is different.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Yeah but you're creepy. LOL!

Thanks guys for offering to share your experience and knowledge with our newbies.

If anyone is new, these guys are awesome (not creepy at all) and can really ease some of your anxiety for your first track day or even the first time at a different track. They can tell you where the cleaner showers can be found, answer any questions about the track (I think Tom can ride Summit blindfolded), as well as pit out and pit in procedures. Each track is different.
I have many slow laps there, with a creepy CR telling me to stick my ass out more? Then I got a bump??????

tdelegram

Control Rider
Brian,

Good running with you in the rain on Friday I didn't make it out on Saturday at all. Let me know if you'll be at Pitt Race in 2 weeks.

Tom

03bueller

Control Rider
Brian,

Good running with you in the rain on Friday I didn't make it out on Saturday at all. Let me know if you'll be at Pitt Race in 2 weeks.

Tom
Yeah, the rain was a blast!! Probably won't make it to Pitt Race, but I'll be at NCBike in 3 weeks :)