First Track Day and New Bike

BenE

Hello, my name is Ben and I will be going to my first track day at Roebling on the 20th of May. I'll be riding an R7 in the novice class. I would love any advice for things I should bring besides myself, gear, and my bike, things that a novice may not think to bring that make life easier, as well as any advice on unspoken track etiquette. Hope to see y'all out there!

bmart

Control Rider
Hi Ben. Welcome! You're going to love it...

Check out the riders manual. That is the best place to start!

Bring a positive attitude and an open mind. Prepare to make lifelong friends. Listen to the coaches and ask them questions.

Come say hello if you get to Road Atlanta or CMP with us! Where are you located?

@BenE

Everything @bmart said.

The N2 rider’s manual is very helpful.

At a track day, learning is winning so don’t worry if people pass you (especially on the straightaways - no talent required there). It’s not a race.

Track days attract great people - black, white, asian, latino, guys, gals, Protestant, Catholic, rich, poor, Republican, Democrat - nobody cares. Everybody is there to have fun and get around the track as efficiently as possible. It’s a great American motorsport. For me, track riding is about 50% of the equation - the great people at track days are the balance.

Listen closely to the Control Riders. They’ll get you on the right path. Besides ensuring the event is run safely, they are very helpful to new riders. They WANT to grow new riders into competent/proficient track enthusiasts.

Good luck and let us know how you get along.

Last edited:

Motofun352

Control Rider
Things that others have forgotten it bring (not bike related).....
1. The key for the bike
2. A chair
3. some sort of shade canopy (or sit with a neighbor)
4. Lotsa of water (minimum of a gallon)
5. fuel at the track can be expensive, you'll need 5 gallons